16' wide Little House cabin in Michigan

Started by jraabe, January 12, 2007, 04:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jraabe

borgdog

Looks nice.  I miss the snow.  Any more details/pics?  nevermind, I found them.

http://www.countryplans.com/lemay.html

glenn-k

I found your snow here today, Dan -- its in California at Shaver lake.  Jobsite was 9 degrees Fahrenheit last night - 16F when we got to work and 19F all day except for about an hour when it went up to 21 degrees F.  

Please pick up your snow and take it with you - leave my warm weather here and try to do it by morning -- I have to go back and finish the job tomorrow.

I just can't live like this. :(

desdawg

I like all of the interior woodwork. It just looks rich.

Amanda_931

jwv

Homesick_Gypsy

Floor plan?  Is there a bathroom behind one of those doors?

part_time_yooper

:) Cabin is awesome!  I am in the process of designing & building my own in southwest Menominee County, MI.  Do you have any problems/concerns w/ porcupines attacking the wood froming that is exposed on the underside of your floor?  I have a lot of them in my area and short of wrapping the underside w/ chicken wire I am not sure how to keep them out.  Also how tall are your exterior walls and do you have adequate room in the loft for a couple of beds?

I cannot wait to complete mine and kick back during hunting season- maybe even with some red socks!

glenn kangiser

Haven't heard from Rob in a while..

It is reported by USDA or Forest Service  I think that 1/4 inch hardware cloth will generally keep out everything including mice if done well.

w* to the forum.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Bishopknight

Did anyone else notice he moved the front door from the right side to the middle and put in 2 new windows? You can use the interior room alot better if the door is in the middle. I wish I realized that sooner on my little 12x16 cabin. I'll eventually fix it though.

MountainDon

??? No, I thought there were just two ends to the cabin...

...or maybe I'm not looking at the same comparison pictures?

We struggled with the door placement for our cabin. We went for the corner placement as the side wall gives a natural space to leave the door open and out of the way against the wall. Of course part of that decision involves the plan to install a glass/storm/screen door on the exterior once the porch is built.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MikeOnBike

I looks like he had to remove the wood stove to do it though.

diyfrank

It looks like a door at both ends aright.

The building in the background is in different spots.
Home is where you make it

MikeOnBike

The porch was added to the back of the house.  No windows or doors moved.  The narrow door on the left matches the window in the kitchen photo.  The one on the right is the bathroom window.  Fooled me for a minute.

scottbama

This is a very cool cabin. I would love to get the measurements for the rooms there at the kitchen area. I am wanting to build a cabin very similar to Rob's. Does anyone know where the measurements are located from Rob's plans??