Just got Opera browser...

Started by fourx, July 24, 2007, 06:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fourx

Does anyone else use it? Looks good so far, and far quicker than IE 6.

John_C

I've fooled with it some.   I am on Mac's and it didn't work with all web sites.  I find Firefox & Safari to be my browsers of choice.

fourx

http://www.opera.com/download/...just about every really good thing on the Net is free, and being self-employed like I am, Glenn (now, but boy do I miss those Dept Of Education 17% holiday loading payments) I'm sure you enjoy a bargain just like I do. It's solved the disapperaing post problem I mentioned in another thread, far easier to read and adjust for viewing on a laptop, has the same Easy Go Back style mouse functions I have mentioned before, and is way faster- I'm sold, and the price is right :)

glenn-k

Sounds good, Pete.  

Firefox now admits they are having some of the same problems as IE.

One they haven't fixed yet is it's memory problems.  Leaving Firefox running overnight or as you hibernate the computer and come back many times causes it to lock up the entire system.  Looks like they will be working on that one for a while since it's not fixed yet.

fourx

I tried Firefox when I was running Windows 98 way back and had lots of problems with it..this seems to fit seamlessly into the system and is almost limitless in the configuration options.

glenn-k

If Firefox gets any worse I'll try it.

MountainDon

Tried Opera many years ago but I've been using Firefox for a time... love the gadgets as well. I'll keepOpera in mind tho'  ... never know about the grass on the other side of the fence.   :-/

glenn kangiser

Firefox is getting unusable for me -- crashes every 15 minutes or so - maybe just a bad extension or site but thought I'd try Opera.

Loaded it tonight and am using it now -- no crashes or problems so far.  Takes a bit of getting used to though.

Very fast compared to Firefox - at least with  the way its been acting.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.