Found a building today....

Started by Q, February 17, 2009, 07:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q

(I don't know if this is in the right place, please move it if it is not)

Well, I went to the junk yard today, and found more then I expected:)

The junk yard is a 1/2 mile walk, it's not an official junk yard (no registration) and is now owned by the bank after the owner went bankrupt. This means that I can basically take whatever the tractor can hull.

Today I found an old trailer-type house, roughly 15'*5', (+/- some) and despite how the pictures look it's in good shape (needs paint in a bad way). Someone must have dumped it in the last few months.

I'll end up hulling it out in the spring with the tractor since it is on wheels, but I don't know what I'll do with it after that.

Turn it into storage? A camp or use it for he windows and wood? Those are all opinions, like I said despite the photos it's in great shape. Just thought I'd share this:)

(Yes it does have a door, the door was just open)

FrankInWI

That's just great!  I love to see some cast off like this re-configured for another use.  Hey as long as the bones are good.... have at it!  Can only make it better....many uses possible.  It's just more fund when it's a find.
god helps those who help them selves

rwanders

Don't let the bank catch you----bankers are not known for their generosity.
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

MaineRhino

It looks like a possible ice fishing shack to me!

Dog

Yes! An ice fishing shack would be a totally awesome use of the building! [cool]
The wilderness is a beautiful thing for the soul. Live free or die.

fishing_guy

My thoughts also, at least in my neck of the woods.
A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

Dog

The last time I went ice fishing we drove my car onto the lake. The ice was thick enough but sure did make some weird sounds. Anyways...that shack looks REAL good for ice fishing. Whatever you end up using it for...congrats on a good find.  8)
The wilderness is a beautiful thing for the soul. Live free or die.

FrankInWI

Garden shed
Tool Shed
BIG outhouse
Canning house
Maple Syrup cook shack
god helps those who help them selves

muldoon

I love real recycling too.

tool crib
smokehouse (for curing meat)
brewing/still shed
firewood box
deer stand

Q

Quote from: rwanders on February 18, 2009, 02:44:48 AM
Don't let the bank catch you----bankers are not known for their generosity.
Well the property's been bank owned for at least 7 years, and I've hulled some pretty big stuff out of there (large then that), and never had issues. So hopefully I can take this like everything else I've got from the dump.  ;)

Quote from: MaineRhino on February 18, 2009, 07:08:35 AM
It looks like a possible ice fishing shack to me!
Quote from: Dog on February 18, 2009, 08:49:44 AM
Yes! An ice fishing shack would be a totally awesome use of the building! [cool]

I've thought about that also, It could be set up as an ice fishing shack quickly:)

Quote from: FrankInWI on February 18, 2009, 08:43:17 PM
Garden shed
Tool Shed
BIG outhouse
Canning house
Maple Syrup cook shack

Quote from: muldoon on February 18, 2009, 08:57:18 PM
I love real recycling too.

tool crib
smokehouse (for curing meat)
brewing/still shed
firewood box
deer stand

It's likely to become a garden or tool shed in the end. However storing firewood in it would also be a good idea so there was some extra around the house.

I went a took a petter look at it today, and I noticed some stuff I didn't before; the thing is fully wired to be hocked to a generator, and it's got a couple propane hookups in it (just attach a canister to it), for a light or a small stove of some sorts.

Also found a small cast iron wood stove under then snow at the other end of the junk yard after tripping on it, So I might take that as well:)