Tablesaw

Started by southernsis, March 23, 2007, 07:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernsis

Thank you everyone. Great information and very helpful. We have a DeWalt compound miter saw and it works great. Have an old skill saw we bought in Costa Rica and plan on getting rid of it. We are going shopping this week, so will let you know what we bought. We have been busy with the chain saws for the last couple of days. Had some dead trees and then need to remove some of the oaks near the lake.
Thanks again

peg_688

#1: PEG, those are EA-6 somethings?

#2: Let's hope the Safety Nazis don't grab onto to something like this and legislate their will on us.

#3:Both push sticks and "finger boards"  (right name??? ....) used to hold work tight against the fence are very good ideas.

#4:  Don't try to reach through a propellor. Good thing it was idling; left it hanging by a thin strip. Had it sewed back.  In each case it was momentary loss of concentration that caused the problem.

#1:  Yup  :)EA-6B's  Prowler's Electronic counter measure A/C . Commonly called , Sky pigs , The bus, Electric's , The queer( as it's a sort of Queer A-6 Intruder the jet it was prototyped after) ,Damned noisy , and a few others MTL ;D

Soon , well in a few years to be replaced by the EA-18G Growler, a stretched Hornet or Super Hornet

#2: Agreed safety starts with each person you can not regulate / legeslate safety.

#3: Yup  :)Essentail items to have on hand , if you want to keep the whole hand that is  ;)

#4: Yes that I also agree with, you must have thought you where very quick when you did that  

desdawg

Quote"4 to 6 hours of good screwin was normal"  ;D

It's really hard for me to leave this alone. This old ex-marine is soooo bad......... :-[

glenn-k

I tend to find that the batteries are always dead before the job is finished. :-/

Amanda_931

Did the people who got the Skill cordless tool set (with the 7 1/2" blade) ever say how they liked it after a while?

Skill has the blade on the side of the saw I'm used to.  With the deWalt I've had for years I'm forever walking around to the other side, or moving my boards.