the mess in Eldorado, TX

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, April 15, 2008, 07:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Quote from: MountainDon on May 22, 2008, 11:21:54 PM
Peter, I agree with your 5 point assessment.

Save me some time, Peter, what's the lawyer Spence's first name? Recommend any one of his books?

It's Gerry Spence.

Try this book first:
From Freedom to Slavery: The Rebirth of Tyranny in America
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

ScottA

The state has appealed to the Texas Supreme Court. From what I've been reading their case is full of holes and lacks any real proof of wrong doing. Another case of of spin to win it seems. The MSM was more than happy to help out with the spin and now seem just as happy to make the state look stupid.

peternap

I haven't been keeping up with it all that well Scott, but it appears that the judge only said they did not have probable cause to take the kids without a court order. He didn't order the kids be returned just yet. My guess is that the Supreme court will agree with him and kick it back to a lower court for a case by case hearing. If the kids stay in state custody during this, it could be years and the kids have reached the age of majority before it is adjudicated.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

ScottA

John_C

Women from Texas polygamous sect launch clothing line

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080702/ts_alt_afp/usrightspolygamysectchildrenfashionoffbeat

Something sexy for the woman in your life?  ..... I think not