Score!

Started by NM_Shooter, April 06, 2008, 05:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM_Shooter

Well hopefully..... :)

I found a person who had some reclaimed (used!) metal roll up security shutters.  I think these might be just the thing to cover the windows when I'm gone, and also protect them from snow.  He had 15 shutters, all slightly differently sized, but had three that were 53" wide by 46" tall, and one that was 53" by 38 or so tall (kitchen window!).  Since they fit on the outside of the cabin, they don't have to be perfectly sized.  For $100 each with all hardware, I am hoping that they give good service. 

A determined person could still get past them, but I think that is the case with any security.

My cabin is going to look like a patchwork quilt of leftover building stuff by the time that I am done.

Don... PM sent.

-f-
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

firefox

All you need to do is adopt a nice family of black and white kitties. Build a feeder that will meter out treats for them on a regular basis so they stick around. Oh and a nice little shelter at least 15 feet away from the house but in the direction of the access road.  Did I mention that the white markings were quite distinct?

Actually they do make great pets, the only problem is during mating season. They tend to be a little incontenent. But there is hope, there is a nice product called Nilodor and you only need a few drops.

How do I know this? My foster father who lived in Connecticut had a pair that lived under his house.
That was one visit I will never forget. He would be sitting on the back steps and this little critter would come up pretty as you please , go right between his legs and under the house.

Great security though!
Bruce

Bruce & Robbie
MVPA 23824

NM_Shooter

Man, I am slow.  It took me quite awhile to figure out where that was going!  ;D

Jared Drake

I guess I'm even slower, because I don't get it at all.  ???
Jared

NM_Shooter

JRR

That plus a sign; "Striped Skunks (Species: Mephitis-mephitis) for Sale!" might slow someone up a bit.  LOL.

... Maybe just the sign, with an image, might do it!