Fake Shake Siding - Metal?

Started by stricsm, April 03, 2007, 12:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stricsm

Maybe I'm dreaming but I thought I saw a metal shake siding panel product the other day; they were ~10"W X ~3'L.  Maybe they were vinyl but I thought the package said metal.  I saw it last week and can't remember where - boy is my brain failing me or what (probably from under use not age).  Anyway I've googled it but can't seem to find anything.  This product looked awesome from a distance.  Any help out there?  Thanks.

Mark

PA-Builder

Nailite is a siding product that has been around for awhile, and is about the size that you mention.  Most of the larger vinyl siding manufacturers have a similar product.

Nailite Website:

http://www.nailiteinternational.com/

hobbiest

cedar impressions is a vinyl product.  Hardie makes a cementitious, and you can also get the panels of cedar shakes.  Stop by a lumber yard, or call a siding contractor in the area and ask them.

stricsm

Thanks for the info on the vinyl ones - I may have to settle for that.  The shakes I'm looking for are fabricated out of metal and are in panels one shake high.  I assume the metal is aluminum.

Amanda_931

Lowes had (or had had available for order) some sort of single shingles in metal.  Don't think they were anywhere near 3 ft long, though.  not going near a Lowe's today.  

Although I may have to get another printer for my computer (mice filled it with sunflower seed shells) and they're on sale in Florence this week.