HELP house

Started by hobbiest, January 10, 2006, 01:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbiest

Y'all seen this?  Too cool, I want one, would build it, don't know what to do with it when its done!

http://www.helpishere.us/Tour/Tour_Ext.htm

Daddymem

Neat looking, they should have entered John's contest  :)  I see lots of Ikea...

Jimmy_Cason

I talked with the guy behind this project about a month ago.
He could not give me any pricing because it is still under development.
He did put me on his mailing list to be notified later.
It looks like they they are getting a lot done in a short amount of time.

tjm73

Rigid wall emergency shelter strikes me as impracticle.  I just don't see it as being as easy to transport as a large tent.  What would you need to haul that to a disaster site?  How many cabin style tents could you put in the same vehicle?

Looks like it could be a good little hunting or retreat cabin though.  I like the double version.

ailsaek

Be great for sticking in the back 40 to put annoying teenagers in.  (I got a kick out of the IKEA too.)

jraabe

That is an interesting structure. Simple to build and furnish - (as long as you are close to an IKEA  :D)

It probably doesn't make as much sense for emergency housing as it does for a backyard retreat, guest cottage or starter cabin on rural property. The Little House plans would have all the structural information needed to put something like this together. The single unit is only 8' wide but I think I would make it larger (10', 12' or 14' as in the LH plans).

The sloped roof covered with lexan over the deck is a bit of modern flair that works. Provides that indoor/outdoor room.

Jens

Porch roof could have solar built in.  The IKEA cabinet has a sink, two burner cooktop, and apartment fridge, so cool.  I would like to have this type of thing out of 3 units in a u form.  1 would be kitchen/dining/living, 2 living extension and bathroom, 3 would have bedroom with bunks above a queen bed.  
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!