Big Brother is moving in

Started by glenn kangiser, November 02, 2011, 04:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

Even monitors your whispers and video tapes you... or informs you if someone thinks you need to step through the hoops.

http://rt.com/usa/news/harwood-intellistreets-hills-farmington-321/
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

The only thing that's good about it is the part that lets the brightness adjust. It would also be cool if the lights turned off when nobody was about just to save the electricity. The lights in the grocery store frozen food aisles do that now. But I don't need posts listening to me mutter thoughts about WTF is wrong with the government when I go for a walk.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Sassy

I got kinda used to being monitored when I worked at the VA hospital...  there were cameras everywhere.  I also had a special nametag with a chip in it.  Don't think they were set up to monitor where I was via the chip but it did have my life history on it.  When I retired, I told them I couldn't find it - the VA police had to file a report... 

One employee was fired because he was caught on video making paper planes & flying them across the room...  they shoulda fired the manager at one of the free-standing clinics who moved everything out of the nurse's office where all the supplies/fridge etc were located for doing treatments & giving injections/medications, including the computer, one weekend, then changed the locks.  She proceeded to put a couch in the room & had her mail sent there.  The others who worked there were sure she was living there w/her dog for several months.  After that she would come in late most days, take long lunch breaks & leave early, if she didn't just decide to take the whole day off...  She also terrorized some of the staff.  When I heard she had transferred out, I was talking to the chief of medicine one day & told him about all the crap she'd pulled - I asked him if they informed the next VA about what to expect.  He said "no." 

So just multiply that a 1000+ times & we get the people who are running our country   d*
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Native_NM

The cool thing about the US is that we are free to live anywhere.  We don't have to live in Michigan, work for the VA, or drive through intersections with red light cameras.  I don't have to use a GPS-enabled smartphone, or even post to this forum, which gives away my IP address.  We can make those choices ourselves, within the constraints of our own individual sense of privacy.

We can vote the bums out, vote the cameras out (we did here), or in your case, draw attention to the scary decisions made in Michigan.  Anyone who has ever had a clearance quit worrying about this stuff long ago; they know everything.  Again, a personal decision.

I worry about this stuff, obviously.  Eventually, there will be a technology revolt.  We will adopt stricter privacy laws.  That is my prediction.  There is always a balance between public safety and personal liberty.  I err on the side of liberty, but that is just me.
New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

MountainDon

Quote from: Native_NM on November 02, 2011, 06:25:58 PM
, vote the cameras out (we did here),

Watch yourself here in Rio Rancho; we still have ours. 

Still waiting to see if ABQ catches up with us on one we refused to pay them.... 
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.