Trying to get things done in the country

Started by ChesterMarcol, May 26, 2005, 01:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterMarcol

can be very frustrating. Especially when it comes to inspectors.

Been trying for a month to get my septic on-site evaluation done. When the backhoe guy can come, the health insp. can't and vice-versa.

Add to that the fact that I live 90 miles away, the health dept. closes during turkey season (good grief), and they won't make advance appts. for inspections. You have to call between 9:00 and 9:15 in the AM of the morning you want to try and get it done and he takes the first x number of callers.

I swear, trying to get this cabin built is kind of like dealing with Hooterville.  >:( :-/ :)

BUT, no matter how ticked you get, you do NOT want PO the inspector. He can make your life miserable...

Jimmy C.

I swear, trying to get this cabin built is kind of like dealing with Hooterville.  >:( :-/ :)

Your county inspector?

The hardest part is getting past the mental blocks about what you are capable of doing.
Cason 2-Story Project MY PROGRESS PHOTOS

70boss

Are you the former Green Bay Packer?  Can't be too many with that name....

Check your regulations.  I have seen ordinances that state the inspector has  "X" amount of time to do the inspection...if they do not, then it is assumed to be OK to continue.  I will try to look that up.

Amanda_931

Our septic tank guy at the health department also has to be called between 8 and 8:15, but only two days a week.

This is because he works three days a week in one of the neighboring counties--out of their office.  And because he is in the field after about 8:30 in the morning.  And while he probably has a cell-phone, lots of areas around here have no signal, and I don't think that the state provides him with one anyway.

But as long as you say that one of the established septic tank guys will probably be who you call, he's fine on letting them do the work without him.

But getting things done really can be frustrating.

ChesterMarcol

QuoteAre you the former Green Bay Packer?  Can't be too many with that name....

:) I'm not him but I'm a LONG time Packer fan, that just happened to grow up in Kentucky. Chester's TD against the Bears is one of my favorite memories from growing up.

I'm not really that upset about it. I understand that these guys are all over the place and hard to pin down. It's the nature of the job. I just found it humorous when they informed me that they were closing shop during turkey season.  ;)

The fellow that has the backhoe and that will probably put my system in (I'm not putting it in until the house is dried in), is going to arrange a time to meet the inspector out there. I'd rather be there but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.