Anybody use a progressive loader?

Started by NM_Shooter, October 29, 2009, 04:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM_Shooter

As I'm pulling the handle on my single stage press for an hour last night, I could not help but think that with a progressive loader I could be generating a loaded round every time I did that. 

I can't afford a Dillon Precision.  I've heard that the documentation on the Lee is bad, and it is hard to set up.

Anybody use a progressive press or have any recommendations?

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

StinkerBell

Anything with the label of "Progressive" I stay away from............ :P

glenn kangiser

Harry51 I think might.  He mentioned the Dillon to me once.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

peternap

I use the Lee Turret press for 4acp.
It's probably the biggest bang for your buck unless you do a LOT of loading. Easy to adjust and very precise, sturdy and only a hundred bucks (on sale)
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

harry51

I don't personally own a progressive press, but I have a number of friends with Dillons, all of whom love them and swear by them, and one friend with a Lee progressive, who also loves it and swears by it. If a person is loading lots of ammo, a progressive press makes a lot of sense. I'm a low volume reloader, mostly for rifles, but if I found myself very often with more than a couple of boxes to load at a sitting, I'd get a progressive, likely a Dillon 550.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

NM_Shooter

I've heard the Lee 1000 and the Lee Load Master are junk and a bit dangerous.  Reviews seem to think that the Lee Turret is not so bad.  I may try one.
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"