Daddy Sleeps Naked

"Late again," the third-grade teacher said to little
Sammy.

"It ain't my fault this time," Miss Crabtree. "You
can blame this'un on my Daddy.The reason I'm three
hours late is my Daddy sleeps naked!"

Now Miss Crabtree had taught grammar school for
thirty-some-odd years. Despite her mounting fears,
she asked little Sammy what he meant by that.

Full of grins and mischief, and in the flower of
his youth, little Sammy and trouble were old
friends, but he always told her the truth.

"You see, Miss Crabtree; out at the ranch we got
this here low down coyote. The last few nights he
done ate six hens and killed Ma's best milk goat. Last night,
when
Daddy heard a noise out in the
chicken pen, he grabbed his shot gun and said to Ma,
"That coyote's back again, I'm a gonna git him!'"

'Stay back, he whispered to all us kids!"

He was naked as a jaybird, no boots, no pants, no
shirt!

To the hen house he crawled, just like an Injun on
the snoop. Then he stuck that double barreled 12
Gauge shot gun through the window of the coop. As he
stared into the darkness, with coyotes on his mind,
our old hound dog Zeke had done woke up and comes
sneakin' up behind Daddy. Then as we all looked on
plumb helpless; old Zeke stuck his cold nose in
Daddy's crack!
"Miss Crabtree, we all been cleanin' chickens since three o'clock this mornin'!"

glenn kangiser

Been there - done that... but no dog at the time so the chickens were safe.

The coyote, skunk, bear and possum aren't doing so good though.

...and I did have my boots on... too many rocks. [crz]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Erin

Quote...and I did have my boots on... too many rocks.

I agree. 
Naked doesn't hurt, but barefoot does! ;)
The wise woman builds her own house... Proverbs 14:1

glenn kangiser

Nobody around to see, but if they did...that could hurt too. [crz]

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

sparks

Hi Folks, Many years ago, I was on the road and the company had put us up in a really nice motel. On one particular evening a few of us stayed quite late at the bar. After saying goodnite to my partners in crime, I went to the room and got ready for bed. But a night cap sounded in order since I had a 'travel kit'. So, I grabbed the ice bucket, left the door slightly ajar, and went to the ice machine. Which was right around the corner from my room. In my bvd's. When I got back to the room, the door was closed. All I felt was desparation and panic. Then I heard voices.....OMG... people were coming. I hid behind some bushes underneath a stairwell......with my ice ....in my bvd's. A few moments later the night maintenance man walked by and I whispered as loud as I dared " Hey can you help me? "  You should'a seen the look on this guy's face when he heard the voice from the bushes standing there in his bvd's .....with a bucket of ice. He asked my room number then went to front desk. The next thing I heard was the sound of uncontrollable laughter. But, he finally came back and let me, my bvd's, and the bucket of ice into my room. The following day after I stopped by the bar with a fellow partner in crime. The bartender was going on and on about this guy walking around the motel in his underwear.....with a bucket of ice ........the previous night.  I looked at my buddy and suddenly realized I'd made a big mistake telling him what had happened. He could no longer contain himself and blabbed it out that  I was the midnite marauding, ice bucket bearing, clad only in his bvd's........idiot.   I know this isn't a naked story, but it was close enough for the patrons in the bar..........sparks
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

glenn kangiser

Good one, Sparks. ;D

I must point out again -- I wasn't naked -- I had my boots on. :)

How many here have ridden a Honda 70 eight miles across the desert naked?  With the little wife on the back? hmm

Not one that was big enough -- one of these?

It just seemed like a good idea at the time.

It was about a 100f degrees out and the lure of the waterfall pouring out of the side of the mountain was just too strong.  When we got there it seemed like it was about 60 degrees and the water was ice cold.  Nice. :)

StinkerBell

I recall having a Honda 90 Master Trail in the family....I am sure it was a 90...But it looks exactly like your pic...OHHHH the burns I got from riding on the back of it during the summer and my leg touching the exhaust pipe...

glenn kangiser

That one is not ours - and I haven't had it running in years, but it looks just like it.  I don't recall us getting any burns other than sunburns.  We had to have a small bike to fit it in the airplane. 

This guy parked his plane so that the waterfall 8 miles away in the mountains is directly behind it. 

Here is his picture from the net of the Chicken Strip at Saline Valley Hot (warm) Springs as we see it before landing.

It is a favorite destination of adventurous pilots in our area. About 1300 feet long with a mountain at the back so you won't overfly the end of the runway -- or change your mind and try again.