Thank you Obama, thank you Democrats

Started by peternap, April 02, 2010, 02:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

In today's mail I got a letter from Anthem.
Personal letter although it sure looks like a form letter.

Due to the increased cost of Prescription medicine and the rising cost of medical services, they are making every effort to keep my rates low. To do that, they are increasing my premium payment by $202.00 a month ???

And here I thought I was gonna get screwed. [slap]

I just called to thank them for looking after me. To reward them for such good service, I removed myself from the policy and left my wife on. Low and behold. That dropped my rate by a considerable amount.

What a great country!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Pox Eclipse

Anthem is owned by Wellpoint, who announced increases of as much as 39% weeks before the Health care reform bill came up for a vote.

Thank the free market; you are free to take you business elsewhere.

peternap

Quote from: Pox Eclipse on April 02, 2010, 08:14:11 PM
Anthem is owned by Wellpoint, who announced increases of as much as 39% weeks before the Health care reform bill came up for a vote.

Thank the free market; you are free to take you business elsewhere.

BS Pox. Their lobbyists knew good and well it was going to pass and structured the increases accordingly. I don't believe you're that stupid!

It doesn't matter though. I'm out of it and saved enough to buy a new gun every month. Like I said before, I won't use the insurance anyway. Now I don't have to worry about it.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

astidham

It rained today because of Obama, now I can't work on my foundation.
I also hear he is secretly planning to make it rain sunday so I can't go to church.
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice"
— Henry Ford

Pox Eclipse

Quote from: peternap on April 02, 2010, 08:20:48 PM

BS Pox. Their lobbyists knew good and well it was going to pass and structured the increases accordingly. I don't believe you're that stupid!

Did you know the word gullible does not appear in the dictionary?

peternap

Quote from: Pox Eclipse on April 02, 2010, 09:52:56 PM
Quote from: peternap on April 02, 2010, 08:20:48 PM

I haven't bothered to look it up lately Pos. Thanks for letting me know. :-\

QuoteIt rained today because of Obama, now I can't work on my foundation.
I also hear he is secretly planning to make it rain sunday so I can't go to church.

The Concrete will set up fine in the rain. Don't blame Obama for the rain until you check the color though. 

I will give him credit for something though. He's good for membership in VCDL. We had a meeting night before last and had so many new people, there was standing room only and overflowed into the next banquet room. c* I guess everyone does love him.

fishing_guy

Quote from: astidham on April 02, 2010, 08:35:38 PM
It rained today because of Obama, now I can't work on my foundation.

As I said in an earlier post, the new law DID cost me coverage.  As part of my retirement package, we received company medical.  I am vested in it because I worked there 18 years.  It was about the only good thing, as the pension isn't much.

Just last week, because of the new Healthcare law and it's tax implication on companies, my previous employer just totally axed the medical side.  This was and is a Fortune 100 company. Nice.

You can stick your head in the sand all you want, but I think you are just beginning to see the unintended (or were they intended?) consequences.  There are all sorts of hidden taxes that are going to be passed on to you.
A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

NM_Shooter

Wow.  More data from Pox.  You know you can take that to the bank. 
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

bayview

Quote from: NM_Shooter on April 03, 2010, 08:17:23 AM

gul·li·ble  (gŭl'ə-bəl)   
adj.  Easily deceived or duped.

[From gull2.]
gul'li·bil'i·ty n., gul'li·bly adv.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2009 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

/
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

peternap

Quote from: bayview on April 03, 2010, 08:20:40 AM
Quote from: NM_Shooter on April 03, 2010, 08:17:23 AM

gul·li·ble  (gŭl'ə-bəl)   

[From gull2.]

/

Thanks Bayview. I kept getting a picture of a birds beak with a fish in it. ???

Pox Eclipse

Quote from: bayview on April 03, 2010, 08:20:40 AM

gul·li·ble  (gŭl'ə-bəl)   

[From gull2.]

Proof there's one born every minute.

NM_Shooter

My point exactly.  More fabricated data.  Hey Pox.. you got a poll for that?

bayview

Quote from: NM_Shooter on April 03, 2010, 05:19:27 PM
My point exactly.  More fabricated data.  Hey Pox.. you got a poll for that?

No, no . . .   

You don't get it NM_Shooter . . .    I was gullible for looking up gullible in the dictionary.  Giggle giggle, tee hee . . .

/
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

NM_Shooter

Yeah, I know.  I've heard of that prank before  ::)

pagan

peter,

Savor the feeling, while you're still allowed the choice.

NM_Shooter

pagan

Usually I don't watch those things, but it was funny, and pretty much on target. Like Don's new/old rifle at 100 yards.  ;D