Hanover Va Election faces off with lawbreakers

Started by peternap, November 05, 2008, 05:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

http://news.oldva.org/?p=180

Election Officials in Hanover

Hanover County showed 66% for McCain and 33% for Obama. From what I saw, turnout was heavy at certain times. Now I hate like the Devil, to do anything but gripe about Hanover's Government...but...the Registrars office is different. They are nice people and do a good job. That is very unHanoverlike.

I voted about 8:30 AM and there was no one in line. One of my neighbors is an official there and I made my annual address gripe, said hello to him and voted. Everything worked, everyone was nice, in short, it was dull.

I went by the other polling places, chatted with everyone outside and wished the Democrats bad luck,  On to the next one and the next. All Dull except The Mechanicsville Elementary  polls. Lots of cars and confusion. I checked on it and it was parent teacher conference day too.

A little later, I made the rounds again. Dull, dull,dull. You have no idea how badly I wanted to see some Black Panthers blocking the polls. Finally I went by the Pole Green Elementary again. Pretty dull.

But then I noticed two sinister characters on the covered area near the entrance.

These two were......Selling Pizza!

Now I don't know if it was Democrat Pizza or Republican Pizza, but it was too close to the doors and I was sure it was changing the result. As I was questioning these two and preparing my story, an election official came out.

With complete disregard for her own safety, she confronted the two scofflaws. Note...I haven't found any election laws pertaining to selling pizza at the polling place, but who cares.

Anyway, she ejected the two who left without incident, after I bought a cheese pizza.

Well done Hanover!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

ScottA

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.