Pioneergal Pictures

Started by pioneergal, February 02, 2006, 04:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneergal

This is my attempt to post  pictures

pioneergal

Okay ...........I'm getting the hang of this......................finally! ;)

I admit I'm a little slow

Jackie

This is where we are today on the house

Jimmy C.

It looks amazing!
Do you have a modified floor plan you can post?
What is the perimeter measurements? It looks huge!
The hardest part is getting past the mental blocks about what you are capable of doing.
Cason 2-Story Project MY PROGRESS PHOTOS

John_M

Wow...that does look big!!  Great job!
...life is short...enjoy the ride!!

pioneergal

QuoteIt looks amazing!
Do you have a modified floor plan you can post?
What is the perimeter measurements? It looks huge!

Hey Jimmy,

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

The plan was drawn up from ideas of about 3-4 other stock plans plus a few ideas from friends and family.

It originally was 48 x 44 which included a front porch  8 x 48 and an indented back porch between 2 bedrooms  that was 8 x 20.

We made some changes and the back porch has been taken in as part of the kitchen ......the kichen - dining room was just too small.

So, now  we have to add a back porch.........I guess thats the beauty of building as we go.

This is what we have been working toward for many years and will probably be working at it for a few more years.

As the money flows

Maybe one day we'll get it completed! :)

This is the road leading to our gate on the left.  It does not look like the briar patch we bought 3 years ago

Shelley

Your entrance is lovely.  The winter pics look great too.  Good goin'.
It's a dry heat.  Right.

pioneergal

Thank you Shelly and John M.

I've spent a lot of time looking and reading  the post and pictures on this forum and all of you have the right to claim and be proud of your projects.

When we bought our place (5 acres) in March 2003 you could not walk inside of the property.

The place had not been touched in over 35 years so we worked  for 2 years cutting briars, pulling grape vines, cutting brush , cutting down scrub trees and etc.

We finally got to the last acre ( by the road -the entrance) which was 1 big briar patch....(even the rabbits wouldn't go in there) the DH decided to hire a dozier.

The dozier did in 2 hours what it would have taken us another 3 months to clear. Not counting saving us the scratches and poison oak - ivy agony.

It's funny tho, I grew up in the country down in the bayou state of La.

As a child and teen I couldn't wait to be old enough to move  to town.

I won't see 45 again and I really wouldn't care if I never see another town. It's our goal to be on our place for Christmas 2006.

I pray that we make it even if its own plywood floors.

Jackie

jwv

You go, Girl!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] It looks great.

judy
http://strawbaleredux.blogspot.com/

"One must have chaos in one's self to give birth to the dancing star" ~Neitszche

PEG688

Lookin good , keep it up. PEG
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .