Why I live on a drit road

Started by Whitlock, October 01, 2009, 11:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitlock

Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

glenn kangiser

That was cool - out here we still welcome the undesirables with a shotgun. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Whitlock

Quote from: glenn kangiser on October 02, 2009, 12:05:01 AM
That was cool - out here we still welcome the undesirables with a shotgun. :)

And barking dogs heh heh
Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

glenn kangiser

Sorry about the old fellow who ended up here accidentally the other day...

Poor old fellow thought he was going to a yard sale I think and ended up coming up my driveway....

after all of the no trespassing signs and patent notices he couldn't get out of here fast enough. 

Before I could get out there to greet him he smashed his tail light out on a rock trying to make a hasty turn around and get out of Dodge....  I was going to tell him that those signs were just for the gummint, and I wasn't going to shoot him.... d*

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

peternap

Quote from: glenn kangiser on October 02, 2009, 12:13:48 AM
Sorry about the old fellow who ended up here accidentally the other day...

Poor old fellow thought he was going to a yard sale I think and ended up coming up my driveway....

after all of the no trespassing signs and patent notices he couldn't get out of here fast enough. 

Before I could get out there to greet him he smashed his tail light out on a rock trying to make a hasty turn around and get out of Dodge....  I was going to tell him that those signs were just for the gummint, and I wasn't going to shoot him.... d*

Does kinda make you feel bad, doesn't it? :)

Years ago, I was at home and the wife was out. I saw her pull in the drive through the window and right behind her, a van pulled in pretty fast. I can't walk out of the house without passing several loaded guns and the first one I passed was a Ruger 45LC with Herrit grips.

I went right past her and stuck that thing in his window and he almost had a heart attack. After he recovered, he told me he just wanted to ask her where she got the rack on the Jeep.

I still feel a little bad...but just a little ;D

Then there are other times. I had a salesman come to the door one day. I kept telling him I wasn't interested but he kept edging inside the door so I couldn't close it. I had a 1917 Enfield that I'd rechambered to 375 H&H in the corner so I told him to stay put and I'd be right back. My son was about six then and as I grabbed the rifle he asked "Daddy, why are you getting your gun?"...Loud enough for the guy to hear.

When I opened the door, the fellow was running for all he was worth and was a hundred yards down the road. Wonder what he was really selling?
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

Yeah... there are a lot of crazies back here in the woods.... [waiting]