Bush finally did the right thing

Started by southernsis, January 19, 2009, 02:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernsis

Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.

southernsis

MissTyped, he didn't pardon, he commuted their sentence.
Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.

tesa

they should have never gone to jail in the first place

thanks goodness, my heart went out to them, and their families when i heard what was going to happen

tesa
"building a house requires thousands of decisions based on a million bits of information"-charlie wing

StinkerBell

I am so happy they will be with their families soon.

Bush had the power to do this awhile ago, just proves in my mind this was all political what happen to these men.

ScottA

That's good news. Maybe he's part human afterall.  ???

glenn kangiser

Pressured from both sides I read.  These guys were actually doing the jo they get paid to do and go to prison because big business needs slaves.  It's the only way to increase profits.

I agree he did this one thing right, finally.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Squirl

I don't believe they did nothing wrong.  Even if the shooting was justified the cover-up afterwards was definitely obstruction of justice to me.  12 years in prison though was garbage.  2 years seams like justice.

peternap

I agree with Squirl. These two should NOT be police officers. They shot an unarmed man in the butt. Granted, a scumbag, but still unarmed and still from behind. Then they tried to hide it.
LEO's have to be held to a higher standard....

That said, the sentence was too harsh. Two years is about right and a pardon would have allowed them to go back into law enforcement. Neither should ever be allowed to enter that profession again.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

I agree with Squrl and Peter. The officers attempt to hide their actions is what sent them to jail. That and the shooting in the back. Many news reports skim over that ans simply state they were just doing their job.

Most news reports about the commutation do not bother to explain the reasoning that was probably behind not issuing a pardon.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.