Why do they hate us? What's going on?

Started by glenn-k, April 26, 2007, 09:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn-k

Good commentary here -- thanks Pete

http://www.survivalbill.com/phpBBs/viewtopic.php?t=4880&highlight=

Try to distinguish the comments of the sheeple from the comments of those who speak the truth and know what is really happening.

Check out the pictures on the link to see what is happening to some of the children born to our returning servicemen and the Iraqi children.  DU does not discriminate.  

Amanda_931

My computer is being exceptionally cranky tonight.

But somewhere there's an article that expresses wonder that the people who believe--or would like to--the Left Behind series cannot see how that treats non-believers as the the same as the worst of the Muslim extremists treat whoever they're raging at at the moment.

Here:

http://www.joebageant.com/joe/2005/12/what_the_left_b.html

"Jesus merely raised one hand a few inches and a yawning chasm opened in the earth, stretching far and wide enough to swallow all of them. They tumbled in, howling and screeching, but their wailing was soon quashed and all was silent when the earth closed itself again."
-- From Glorious Appearing by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins

"The best thing about the Left Behind books is the way the non-Christians get their guts pulled out by God."
-- 15-year old fundamentalist fan of the Left Behind series

glenn-k

That's a part of the reason I have left behind all religion as promoted by men --- they all have their angle on it, most of the time involving the need for money and mind control using God as the punisher for not doing things the way they say you should.  

When He comes here and lets me know I am to follow one of these men as my unquestionable leader, I will do it.

Any of them claiming to have the way to the straight and narrow likely don't.  Since nearly all of them do I have to assume that they are going the way of the broad and spacious.  If I am wrong, I expect to see them there with me. :)

fourx

Well, I don't think there's much chance of Him coming back here downunder after the problems they had trying to round up three wise men and a virgin the first time around.

glenn-k

Do you suppose Bush will get in trouble for bombing the land of "The Garden of Eden" (Iraq) with DU.  I think Dubya may have screwed up his chances.

Sassy

Amanda, the Left Behind Series has a lot of speculation... I've read most of them but don't go along with the teachings.  There's a big "Christian" following... but so many people who claim to be Christians have very little knowledge of the Bible.  They don't have a clue as to the cultural background, etc.  

Jesus said that "he came to bring us life, life more abundantly," he came to "set us free."  If you really read the Bible, you will see that the main thing about God's "judgment" is that Jesus offered himself in our place - those that accept his free gift will be "born again of the spirit"  to new life & eternal life with God.  Those that reject the free gift will experience eternal separation from God - that's a free choice.  You don't want God or what he has to offer, he'll leave you to yourself.

I know it is politically incorrect to talk about the Bible & Jesus, but since we are on the subject & the Left Behind series was claiming all these wild imaginings to Jesus, I feel I need to add my thoughts to it.  

I agree with Glenn on the state of "religion"  - Jesus would probably be saying the same scathing things to the religious leaders  today that he said to the Jewish leaders in his day - "you brood of vipers, you are of your father, the devil!"

Leo

I am a Christian,Life has taught Me power corrupts everywhere including organized religion.A non judgmental Christian.No one can charge Me for it.or dictate to Me .The ugliest book Ive ever seen is "Psychological warfare of nazi germany "or how the destroy a innocent person with misinformation,with held information and innuendo.Very popular in politics and the media these days goes back to a 13th century pope.IYam what I yam .as Pop eye the sailor would say Ps the Jewish carpenter didnt teach hate.

benevolance

Correction

The son of the Jewish Carpenter...

Jesus was not really a carpenter...His earthly father was and I am sure he learned a few things along the way...

If you think that most of his time on earth was spent carpentering... I think you are missiung out on a whole lot that he did...And missing out on what he was put here to actually accomplish

Nowhere in his accolades I would think carpenter should appear...

If you believe an iota of the Saviour, Martyr, Messiah... teachings

peg_688

QuoteCorrection

The son of the Jewish Carpenter...

Jesus was not really a carpenter...His earthly father was and I am sure he learned a few things along the way...

If you think that most of his time on earth was spent carpentering... I think you are missiung out on a whole lot that he did...And missing out on what he was put here to actually accomplish

Nowhere in his accolades I would think carpenter should appear...

If you believe an iota of the Saviour, Martyr, Messiah... teachings

Peter, IMO ,  MTL Jesus did spend most of his life working as a carpenter, generally at the time a son followed his Father's career path , Jesus "ministy " was about 3 or 4 years of his life. Yes he spent a lot of time in synagogue impressing his elders as  a 12 year old , but in general,  it is excepted that he lead a "normal life" , twisted lumber  , split boards , 1" short cut  :-[ :( etc for most of his adult life.

So I'd say yes carpenter would be one of his accolades / jobs . YMMV , carry on   ;)    

Leo

The odds are high that He understood splinters..religious wars last a long long time.Some cultures are never ending War. I think jealousy is a big component to The  anti American mentality. .even among some Allies.All dogs came from the wolf looking far enough back.if we had 2 parents 4 grandparents 8,16,32,64,128 take it back 77 generations and the number is 26 digits long.from that generation alone.?odds are we are all kin. :)like one huge dysfunctional  family.

peg_688

And Peter you may want to look at Mark 6:3  Maybe Mark had it wrong , could be , maybe the dude who said "Where did this man get these things ?" they asked . "What's this wisdom that has been given him , that he even does miracles![highlight] Isn't this the carpenter?"  :o :-/ ::) [/highlight]  

( Smiley's added where I think they may have been placed  ;D)

Maybe they got it wrong But these where not Jesus's fans , as it ends with : "And they took offense at him."

Yup could be it's all just a book , time will tell eh!