Jonni and Cecilia's Mudbrick Home in the Yarra Valley

Started by cecilia, February 01, 2008, 02:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cecilia

Well it's been a long time between drinks, but finally I have something to contribute to my favourite forum.

Jonni recently made me a breadmaking trolley, and I was going to post it into the Home made accessories part, but I gather there have been some changes.

Here are three photos of the trolley

There are extra photos and description etc. on our website.
Also I've brought up to date the saga of the pond and heaps more garden photos.
Just beginning a new section 'Wildlife at the Duckpond', hopefully up in about a week.

Do hope this is not off topic for this section of the forum!
all the best to everyone
cecilia
www.duckpond-design.com.au/theduckpond
Life's too short to stuff mushrooms!

PEG688

Hi Cecilia

The home made accessories thread is in the Genereal Forum up near the top Glenn made it a "sticky" so it aways one of the top 5 or 6 thread titles in the General Forum (top section) at least as it's displayed on my screen.

Nice trolley  8) What kind of wood / timber is that?

Glad to see your still around!
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

glenn kangiser

Glad to see you made it back, Cecilia.  Your place is one of our favorites.  The old forum software started losing data so we had to upgrade.  Things should be much better now.  This topic is fine or you can use the other as PEG mentioned when you find it.  Don't be a stranger.

As usual, very nice work on the trolley by Jonni and the bread is making me hungry.  Thanks for posting it.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Sassy

Nice bread trolly!  Enjoyed browsing through your website again - as usual Jonni has done a superb job on the cupboards & counters - beautiful!  The garden looks very inviting...  glad to hear from you again, Cecilia - I always look forward to looking at your updates & pix!
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Redoverfarm

I remember Jonni & Cecilia earlier post as being in Australia "Down under" and in the mist of the recent Wildfires that have devestated hundreds of homes and lives .  So I decided to check to see if there was anything we could do or their welfare.  This is an E-mail that I received from them.

Hello John

Thank you for thinking of us during these appalling fires.

For the moment The Duckpond has escaped, with a wind change turning the fire front away from us when it was about a kilometre away.

It's now over a week since the firestorm swept through the Yarra Valley, destroying several townships completely.

Backburning has been undertaken in an effort to contain the fire front which are still burning up into inaccessible areas.

New fires are popping up each day - either from drifting embers, or smoldering stumps and tree roots - and sad to say, some deliberately lit.

So far 181 people have died and many houses are still to be entered so the toll is expected to rise.

Our fire plan has always been to stay and defend our home - as we considered it to be defendable. But the speed and ferocity of these fires has shown us that the only house that could have been pretty certain to survive would be one totally underground.

I think that it would make an interesting thread on Country Plans to discuss what measures can be taken to fireproof a house in the light of these unfamiliar types of wildfires.

I hope Jonsey is fire free where he is.

I haven't posted on Country Plans for a long time as the whole of last year was a washout for Jonni and I and the only thing we managed to get done was to build a rather lovely and extremely useful large refectory table.

We are still on fire watch and could be for weeks to come, until we get some decent rain to douse the fires. American and Canadian fieries plus our army are busy trying to assist with the aftermath. So many trees have been burnt but are still standing and so large areas remain unsafe.

The whole landscape has altered radically.

Once again - thanks for thinking of us here at The Duckpond
cecilia
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Cecilia Sharpley
Healesville, Victoria, Australia
www.cecilia-letteringart.com
www.duckpond-design.com.au/theduckpond
www.papermakers.org.au

glenn kangiser

Wow - that was close for Cecilia and Jonni.  About the same as here as far as how close to ours.  Here's hoping they remain safe.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

PEG688

Quote from: glenn kangiser on February 15, 2009, 06:21:29 PM

Wow - that was close for Cecilia and Jonni.  About the same as here as far as how close to ours.  Here's hoping they remain safe.

Glad someone checked and that it's OK . Wishing everyone the best down under, that includes California as well Glenn  ;)
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

glenn kangiser