Something else to blame the government for

Started by OkieJohn2, February 22, 2010, 09:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OkieJohn2

Just saw this on MSN, interesting reading.
http://www.slate.com/id/2245188/?GT1=38001
Be sure to read the correction at the bottom, interesting that the 18th ammendment didn't ban the consumption of booze.
The problem with foolproof devices is that they fail to take into account the ingenuity of fools

RainDog

In a sense, acetaminophen in Vicodin and other equivalent hydocodone compounds is used similarly to the way the government used poisons in industrial alcohol, to stop people from abusing by making them poisonous.

Pure codeine and hydrocodone, opiate painkillers, are Schedule II drugs but when compounded with acetaminophen they can become a Schedule III drug.

Doctors much prefer to prescribe higher scheduled drugs to limit scrutiny by the DEA, making Vicodin the sixth most prescribed drug in the USA.

One can still get just as high from a acetaminophen/hydrocodone compound as he could from pure hydrocodone, but the dose required for a typical addict would be so high as to cause some level of liver damage from the acetaminophen.

It is estimated that acetaminophen poisoning results in 56,000 injuries, 25,000 hospitalizations, and 450 deaths every year.

60% of these are from prescription products.
NE OK

Don_P

I had a file full around here for years, the ATF forms to get a distilling permit for fuel. At least into the late '70's or early '80's they still required denaturing alcohol for fuel.

Pox Eclipse

That's the last straw!  I'm votin' for FDR!

glenn kangiser

Somewhere I still have the info on how to build a still from the 70's- didn't remember about  the denaturing part though .... [ouch]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

pagan

Couple this with the Tuskegee study, the deliberate radiating of people to study what cancers they get, and all of the other patently illegal activities our government does against us reinforces my contention that our government hates us.

ScottA

Quote from: pagancelt on February 23, 2010, 08:12:57 AM
Couple this with the Tuskegee study, the deliberate radiating of people to study what cancers they get, and all of the other patently illegal activities our government does against us reinforces my contention that our government hates us.

I don't think the government hates us. I do think those in power feel they own us. Kind of like the ant farm you had as a kid.

OkieJohn2

Yep Scott, the politicians get elected and think that they ARE the government, when they are supposed to be nothing more than the hired help.
The problem with foolproof devices is that they fail to take into account the ingenuity of fools

glenn kangiser

Cannon fodder... we are just supposed to remain stupid and produce cannon fodder for unending wars against fictitious enemies created by our elites murderous foreign policies..
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.