Forget Iran. This instead is truly troubling.

Started by NM_Shooter, February 29, 2012, 10:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM_Shooter

Did a little research on leap years.  Turns out that one trip around the sun (calendar year) is actually 365.2425 days. 

DEAR LORD, NOT THAT!

Do you see where I am going with this?

Take a look at the difference between the Gregorian calendar average year (365.242374), and the calendar year. 
That teeny difference means that every 8000 years, we are going to be a full day behind where we are supposed to be in orbit.  That sort of thing adds up you know.

So in roughly 1.4M years, nobody is going to be having a white Christmas in the continental US. 

You can trivialize this if you want.  But somebody has to be concerned.  I bet Bush / Cheney knew about this all along. 
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

sparks

Actually NM, I believe Carl Rove knew about this and said nothing about it, in hopes of his grandchildren to the eighth power of ten being able to proffit from it in a far and distant future.

sparks

ps...........Stinks' not gonna like this.... ::)
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

rick91351

If I get time I'm going to blame Haliburton.  To me right now it looks more like Montana, Idaho and Wyoming are the main cause if all this and of course the Yellowstone connection.  But then I don't need to tell you about that! 
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Rob_O

Quote from: NM_Shooter on February 29, 2012, 10:37:42 PM
You can trivialize this if you want.  But somebody has to be concerned.  I bet Bush / Cheney knew about this all along.

This does not concern me, as I know the world is coming to an end on December 21st.
"Hey Y'all, watch this..."