United States National Debt Clock

Started by CREATIVE1, June 11, 2008, 10:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CREATIVE1

Stuff you don't see on the news----I wonder why (no, I don't)

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 11 Jun 2008 at 03:00:34 PM GMT is:
$ 9 , 4 0 9 , 8 9 4 , 8 8 9 , 1 8 0 . 2 1

The estimated population of the United States is 304,155,755
so each citizen's share of this debt is $30,937.75.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$1.57 billion per day since September 28, 2007!

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

glenn kangiser

dubya doesn't care as him and big business are benefiting from the war profits.  Someone will have to deal with it after he leaves...if he leaves.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

desdawg

I sent in part of my share yesterday. Check and see if the number goes down. I never really wanted to buy a war. I guess they neglected to check with me first.
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

muldoon

Well, this only shows the debt today.  It does not include the unfunded liabilities of tomorrow.  If we acount for all the medicare and social security of our retirees in the coming 2 decades we go over 330k per person.  yeowch.  source

I wouldnt worry about it too much ... people are realizing it wont get paid back ever.  why do you think were in the problem were in? 

glenn kangiser

Political greed -- we put people in office who can never get enough money --- in their entire lives -- and if they can see a pile of money sitting in SS-- the scheming starts on how to extract it.

No control -- make them pay cash for their wars --- no money - no shootie.  These are not wars of the citizens of the US.  These are wars to transfer tax dollars to corporations that then benefit the politicians - their lobbyists companies - their investments etc.  Looks like the problem is fascism to me -- but you are better on money matters -- I just follow the money to see who is benefiting --- and in most of our cases - why the American citizens are losing.

We are not even defending ourselves -- Saudi Arabians attacked if you believe the official story - so we attacked Afghanistan and Iraq.  Not anything to do with the attack per dubya himself, but one had a needed route for an oil pipeline and the other had oil for it.   All benefited the oil co's - Haliburton and other vested interests.  All returned money to politicians or their investments --- even the fake bird flu scare transfered money to Rumsfeld through Tamiflu sales -- a useless product that may lessen discomfort by an hour or two -- but will really make your pocketbook feel better if you are a major stockholder like Rummy is.

Katrina benefited other politicians with over  2 billion dollars in Ice sales that could never be delivered.  Dan Quayle's company and many retired military gentlemen in it, raked in the profit from that one and the ice was then stored for 2 years at a cost of 12.5 million or so.

It also seems that our politicians are doing Israels bidding and nearly weekly pledging their unwavering support for Israel.  I can't remember ever hearing one of them pledge their support for the United states of America though --- except when sworn into office -- to uphold the Constitution of the United States -- You know that one --dubya's Goddamned piece of paper?

It's all a bunch of scams to transfer money to the elite.

What do you think?

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

sparks

I believe we are in deep doo doo [frus]

And the time to pay the piper is drawing near.
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

ScottA

Cookie monsters in a bottomless cookie jar. An honest man wouldn't last 5 minutes in Washington.  d*

glenn kangiser

They didn't get there by being nice.  It's fun to type a politicians name then the words Body Count and see what shows up. [crz]