Victoria Cottage NE TN

Started by NavyDave, October 05, 2011, 05:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CjAl

I love you place but not that setup over the stove.  Don't like that one bit.  You may have cement board directly over the stove but still have those beams on the sides.  Is it really worth risking your whole house you have put so much time into?  It's your place,  just something to think k about.

MountainDon

Quote from: NavyDave on October 17, 2013, 10:25:13 PM

You are correct that this application isn't per the manufacturer but ...

... but I can't imagine an insurance adjuster or a fire marshall countenancing this installation and I can not sit idly by without comment on the matter. I hope nobody copies this.

Also what about front clearances. The way I read my stove manual the posts out in front at diagonals would be too close.  ???   YMMV
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

rick91351

Quote from: MountainDon on November 11, 2013, 09:44:01 AM
... but I can't imagine an insurance adjuster or a fire marshall countenancing this installation and I can not sit idly by without comment on the matter. I hope nobody copies this.

I am pretty sure it would not pass the 'required' state inspection here.   Here it is the plumbing inspector that is also loaded down with HVAC and wood stoves as well.  He was giving my stove, stove pipe and chimney the hairy eye ball Thursday when he was here - though was not called to inspect such.   
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

grover

Where have you been Dave?  Missing your updates.