Tis the season

Started by peternap, December 08, 2008, 11:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

I'm like everyone else/ I like to sit around and gripe about how people are no damn good these days. The truth however, is that I don't really believe it.

I guess that's why I'm picky about the internet sites I frequent. Good friends that I don't even know what they look like in most cases.

The Grand illumination at Williamsburg yesterday is a good example. There were over 140,000 people in a 2 square mile area. I saw only 1 rude person and she was from New Jersey.

Imagine that, all those people and no pushing or insulting remarks or fights, crime etc. Just a lot of orderly (Even though Ye Olde Cider was flowing heavily) people enjoying the moment.

After the fireworks, a young man came up to me and asked if I had lost my phone. I had not, but he told me he found a blackberry and someone told him it was the fellows that was taking pictures.

So he was asking everyone who had a camera..I was impressed!

Anyway, here are a few of the people enjoying the season.

Oh...Notice in the 4th picture the authentic fire starter in the fellows hand. When I asked about it he said it was called a BIC. ;D
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

[cool] , Peter. 

BIC's are still pretty good fire starters.  :D  ... and if you lose one it's not a big deal.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.