Louisiana May Not Take Stimulus Money

Started by peternap, February 18, 2009, 04:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Good for him! ;)

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/02/17/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry4807323.shtml?CMP=OTC-RSSFeed&source=RSS&attr=PoliticalHotsheet_4807323

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, a potential 2012 GOP presidential candidate, has suggested his state may not be interested in all of the roughly $4 billion allotted to it in the economic stimulus package to be signed by President Obama today.

"We'll have to review each program, each new dollar to make sure that we understand what are the conditions, what are the strings and see whether it's beneficial for Louisiana to use those dollars," Jindal said, according to CBS affiliate WWLTV.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Homegrown Tomatoes

Government control always follows government money, so I hope they do turn down some of the stimulus dollars.  Good for them.  I have a feeling LA is a little like my grandpa always said about his family during the depression/dust bowl days... he said, "Depression?  We didn't even know there was a depression.  Shoot, we was always poor anyway."  People who are used to having nothing are better at doing a lot with a little or something with nothing.