Author Topic: Builders cottage  (Read 2902 times)

Offline cedarglen

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Builders cottage
« on: August 06, 2005, 09:08:40 AM »
I am back and forth on plan choice, it will be hard to fit the Victoria cottage on my pad. I want to squeeze as much house as possible into a very small space (my pad is about 17x30).

I see the Big Enchilada description mentions that there are details for the  Builders Cottage with high side walls, for a functioning bedroom upstars. Can I get a little more info on that? How much headroom? Is there a short (like 2') wall upstars or do the rafters touch the floor? I assume that  the bedroom can be extended all the way across the house?

thank you,
Charles

trish2

Re: Builders cottage
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 01:41:45 PM »
If you are pad restricted, there is always the possiblity of overhanging/cantelever some of the top of the structure to gain a foot or two.  We had a thread on that a while back, so if you check the archieves you might get some usable ideas for your particular situation.

Offline Leo

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Builders cottage
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 01:33:01 PM »
I to went back and forth on those two designs,the extra two feet of width makes a big difference .13 feet versus 15 on the inside,16'is a common lenght for lumber and its 4 sheets of plywood wide,much better for stairs eytc . etc .also a bathroom and kitchen can be worked into one end easily

Templates: 5: index (default), Ads (default), Portal (default), Display (default), GenericControls (default).
Sub templates: 12: init, html_above, adsheaders_above, body_above, adsindex_above, portal_above, main, portal_below, adsindex_below, body_below, adsheaders_below, html_below.
Language files: 3: SPortal.english (default), index+Modifications.english (default), Ads.english (default).
Style sheets: 1: portal (default).
Files included: 36 - 1105KB. (show)
Cache hits: 11: 0.00121s for 40,683 bytes (show)
Queries used: 22.

[Show Queries]