Started by Jimmy_Cason, February 10, 2006, 10:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy_Cason

My quote for lumber included the lumber grade :
#2 prime kd syp, and #2/btr kd-ht spf

I had no idea what this was about.
Now I know!

Click here
http://forestry.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.safnet.org/archive/0703%5Fhowtointerpret.cfm

pioneergal

Thanks Jimmy for the info. I bookmarked it for later reference.

By the way, how is your subfloor after all the rain in the 2 weeks?

Jackie

glenn-k

Cool, Jimmy.

I soon plan on doing an article on "How To Carve Your Own Lumber Grade Stamp Out Of A Potato and Save $$$"  This should really help with the details  :).

For the more serious of you -- I was just kidding-- Just remembering gradeschool activities -they must have taught us that for something -  --- hmmmm - going back to my childhood ---is it here already?  :-/

Jimmy_Cason

QuoteThanks Jimmy for the info. I bookmarked it for later reference.

By the way, how is your subfloor after all the rain in the 2 weeks?

Jackie
So far so good. After it dried out it seemed to have shrunk back in place. There is still one spot near the entry that leads under the stairs that is a little warped. I think I got lucky!

pioneergal

[/quote]
So far so good. After it dried out it seemed to have shrunk back in place. There is still one spot near the entry that leads under the stairs that is a little warped. I think I got lucky!
[/quote]

Great!

Dh and I have thought of you often and was praying that all would be okay with your subfloor.

About a week ago we saw on the weather channel that there was lot of rain in your building area.

So far our floor is doing good.

We had a little shower this a.m. but we went out to check on everything this afternoon and all was well.

A couple of weeks ago we had used tarps for rain protection and we had a few places to swell.

A friend drilled a couple of holes in those areas ......suppose to allow the water to drain.

Those spots went down but swell again when moisture gets back into them but they always go back to normal after a day or two.

This same person said that after we get the roof on /decked  and the house is dried in that we could fill those damaged places (drilled with holes) with glue and place a weight ontop and they would be fine.

DH is just not sure about all that ....... we will probably have to replace those sections or pieces.

Since we started useing the visqueen for protection on the subfloor we don't have the problems that we were having with the tarps and super soaked wet floors.

Jackie

Amanda_931

I was thinking that slitting the top ply, putting in some glue, and weighting it down sounded like it might well be worth a try.

glenn-k

I agree - just glue -Elmers etc if it is not damaged beyond repair- then do as Amanda stated.