A great Mark Harmon quote

Started by OkieJohn2, April 11, 2010, 08:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OkieJohn2

I was just reading the March issue of Readers Digest and they had an interesting article about Mark Harmon, the star of NCIS(one of my favorite shows)

What is your road not taken?

Carpentry was a way to spend time with my dad on weekends.  Then I built my own house.  If you do it right, it's real. You touch it, it stays there.  It outlives you.  You knock on it,  you can feel in in your knuckles knocking back.  To me it is much more real than this acting game.
The problem with foolproof devices is that they fail to take into account the ingenuity of fools

glenn kangiser

Interesting thought --- carpentry/a trade/an owner built home - you get a house or builidng -something real that you can touch, show, use, live in - look upon daily

acting - you get gray hair, maybe lots of money - maybe recognition - maybe a substance abuse habit- seems to be a lot of emptiness
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

pagan

"Ya' think, OkieJohn2."

I love NCIS too, Abby is hot. I don't normally go for girls with lots of tattoos, but she gets me going every time. :o

OkieJohn2

Speaking of Hot Addy, gotta say I really liked the Halloween episode with her at Marilyn ;)
The problem with foolproof devices is that they fail to take into account the ingenuity of fools

pagan