Dr. Roberts:.... America R.I.P.

Started by glenn kangiser, October 21, 2012, 09:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2012/10/16/america-r-i-p/

The reason we are where we are economically as Dr. Roberts sees it per facts.  Long but interesting and insightful.

QuoteChina is not to blame for the decline in US manufacturing. Offshoring is to blame, and, thus, the blame lies with US corporations, policymakers, and the economists and financial media who shill for "globalism." The decision was made to sacrifice the US economy to the short-term profits of the few. A country so poorly led can do nothing but decline.

I have followed Dr Roberts writings over the years.  A couple years ago he was going to quit... he was totally disenfranchised.  I asked him for a mailing list or other way to get his writings..thoughts.  He actually replied.  Glad he is still writing and telling it like it is.  I agree 100%.  He put it down on paper.

--- On Fri, 3/26/10, glenn kangiser  wrote:

Subject: Thanks
To: paulcraigroberts@.........com
Date: Friday, March 26, 2010, 8:43 AM

Thanks for trying to educate the sheeple over the years, Paul.  It is nearly hopeless, but I appreciate your trying.

I read your goodbye on Rense and can say that of course, your thinking is right on.  I will try to watch for anything else you might put out.  If you have a mailing list please include me on it or point me to it.

Thanks again,

Glenn Kangiser

Paul Craig Roberts

To glenn kangiser
I appreciate hearing from you, Glenn.
No mailing list.

Additional comments here where I found the article

http://iraqwar.mirror-world.ru/article/279779

About Dr. Paul Craig Roberts

Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy and associate editor of the Wall Street Journal. He was columnist for Business Week, Scripps Howard News Service, and Creators Syndicate. He has had many university appointments. His internet columns have attracted a worldwide following.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Windpower

Excellent piece by PCR

What really is amazing to me is that such a large percentage of the population are stuck in the complete fiction  of "liberal" and "conservative"

I can understand the frustration of Roberts -- it is great to see him soldier on. It is a shame that the majority of the US is so dumbed down that they can't see past the rediculous right/left, liberal/conservative, Democrat/Republican paradigms --- divide and conquer still works

Sadly I don't see this spiral ending very well for the US -- if I weren't so old I would leave the counrtry before it turns into a third world hell/ police state

The real problem is that the middle class has been gutted by the power brokers in government and corporations as Roberts says in this article.

I don't know if you have had time to read the memo from Lewis Powell or listen to the author Hedrick Smith here:

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/Stolet

Smith is in full agreement with Roberts and goes into great detail

Supreme Court Justice Lewis Powell appears to be one of the fathers of the modern corporate take over of the US in the mid 70's

Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

peternap

I am amazed at how blind people are. I was at a gunshow yesterday and managed to PO nearly everyone I met outside.

The prevailing thoughts are that:

A. Romney will win by a landslide.

B. After the election, all the money held by Corporate America will be released and the economy will recover at once.

C. Romney is in tune with gunowners.

D. Romney will eliminate Obama Care within his first week in office.

I reminded the other people in the discussion that stupid was more dangerous than a 44 magnum!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

Thanks, Windpower.   Having a listen to that link now.

I'm with you guys on this... people don't seem to want to know.

It will not matter who gets in there.  Wall street played endgame on us and there is not any change or momentum to keep things going.  The stimulus measures are like pushing a car with a blown engine and no replacement parts available.  It moves during the push as long as energy is applied from the outside, but I don't see it ever being made able to run again.

Our infrastructure is gone.  We don't make much of anything any more.  Those with their hands out living off of others production have taken everything they could,  then when the margins were not big enough we let them take our means of making a living - our jobs - our industry and take it overseas for maximum profit for the few. 

Not like we could have done much.  Try to get the lawmakers to do things that are good for our country... not a chance.. they are the profiteers.  They don't need us except for whatever they can suck off of us.

Living in China or Burma doesn't look all that bad to me..... I'll probably just sit here and whine though as we have pretty much gotten over the hump where we can survive without the daily battle to get ahead.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Windpower

We kicked around moving to Taiwan, where my step son lives

It is so different over there though it would be a challenge -- the language is very difficult to learn for us oldsters

So we are going to tough it out here unless it gets too crazy....

It is amazing isn't it, Peter   -- stupid is dangerous and unfortunately there seems to be alot of it going around

glenn kangiser

ESL is making great strides in many of these countries... Many of them can talk to us...though I only get to meet the ones who know it and make it over here.

It could be rough but treating them with respect goes a long way in being able to live in their culture.

Native_NM

Every hour you spend complaining about the problem is an hour you could have spent working on the issues.  Listen to Kennedy, Reagan, Nixon, Eisenhower.  Listen to their speeches and inaugural addresses: the country is always on the verge of collapse.

The issues today are simple, structural, and related to demographics.  We have lawmakers bad at math and an aging population.  We could literally fix the problems in 4 years.  Nobody wants to address the underlying issues or vote for the people who would address the issues.  Pogo sure was a smart guy for a comic character.

New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

Windpower

Quote from: Native_NM on October 23, 2012, 06:45:08 PM
Every hour you spend complaining about the problem is an hour you could have spent working on the issues.  Listen to Kennedy, Reagan, Nixon, Eisenhower.  Listen to their speeches and inaugural addresses: the country is always on the verge of collapse.

The issues today are simple, structural, and related to demographics.  We have lawmakers bad at math and an aging population.  We could literally fix the problems in 4 years.  Nobody wants to address the underlying issues or vote for the people who would address the issues.  Pogo sure was a smart guy for a comic character.

It is, in fact, an hour spent working on one issue as I see it. It is the one Peter addressed at the gun show. "Stupid is more dangerous than a 44 magnum."

This thread has over 100 views.  I think some will read these posts and perhaps think critically about the issues facing us and our children.  My point in writing is not just to 'complain' but hopefully get some people to think and not just accept the propaganda spewed by both the 'right' and 'left' Main Street Media.

Americans are being lied to by the politicians and the MSM.  I spoke with someone that was born and raised in the US that has been living outside the US for 14 years -- he keeps asking "What is wrong with the people in America ?  Don't they see what is happening."

This is a very big problem.  Most Americans don't see what is happening.  They still believe what their favorite talking head tells them.   

Network pushed it in our faces 30 years ago

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/MTN3s2iVKKI[/embed]

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/jxiT30N6ti4[/embed]

Then Will Hunting explained another aspect, how the US military keeps the corporations safe and profitable at our expense

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/l8rQNdBmPek[/embed]

Native_NM

With all respect, most people don't watch your video links.  I suggest if you want to educate people you post a topic and then discuss it.  Your MO is to post a video link without any comment or any of your own thoughts. 

Windpower

Quote from: Native_NM on October 25, 2012, 05:37:55 PM
With all respect, most people don't watch your video links.  I suggest if you want to educate people you post a topic and then discuss it.  Your MO is to post a video link without any comment or any of your own thoughts.

And you know this, how ?

My MO is to post provocative  things and wait for comments

a non coment is still significant

Native_NM

Windpower

"Web analytics." ??

I didn' know you were a moderator here, NM

Sometimes I comment on an issue or video sometimes not ....

That is my perogative and frankly, you are one of the last people I would go to for posting advice

"We could literally fix the problems in 4 years. "

Now that is something I'd like to hear about.

Native_NM

One doesn't need to be a moderator to utilize web analytics.

When I have a moment I'll post a fix.

MountainDon

I don't know about "most people" but I seldom watch the video links, or at best start it and then get tired and close it.

I don't see how a non comment is significant. Other than non comments save server disk space.

If I didn't comment on this nobody would know I ever looked in on the topic.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.