Opening day of the regular Deer season

Started by peternap, November 20, 2011, 08:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

Yesterday was the Opening day of the regular season. Judging from the quiet, not many people hunting. No dog hunters although I'm sure they will be around on Thanksgiving because they know I won't be there that day.

I shot a spike buck for meat and let my big one I've been watching for two years, walk. I want him to pass those genes around a while longer.

WE had a cold snap and just as I suspected, the diabetes is making it harder to cope with a little cold, every year. I was dressed for Arctic conditions and still having trouble.

I did get a picture of the big one that I'm making into an Ink Drawing for a Christmas Card for the farm.

During midday, I came back to the house and added another 250 gallon water holding tank I bought last week and switched to the B bank of batteries just to see how they hold up with the blower for my backup propane heater. Worked fine.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Redoverfarm

Ours opens tomarrow. Steven is stoked.  Just like previous years you always see a basket rack one or two days before and they bury themselves in the brush to wait out then season.

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!