Hmmmm

Started by StinkerBell, January 05, 2009, 02:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkerBell

I am not sure if I am suffering from Post Holiday blahs. But darn I have been feeling blue for the last few days.

glenn kangiser

I have been happy.... :) 

I have been listening to lots of head banger music -- maybe that would help you? [crz]

Lump a coal in your stocking, Stink? heh
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

MountainDon

I feel what you are experiencing Stink. This C'mas was very unusual, unsettling for us. It was the first C'mas we did not have a family gathering... too many passed away in the past year.

It's probably just the PHB's.

I do feel good in that we got the LR floor tile done, did some painting, re-plumbed the master bath shower (new control was needed), cleaned out some of the garage, and enjoyed 3 1/2 days at the cabin in the mountains.  :D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

lonelytree

I can smell what you are stepping in.... 10 days below 0. Thermometer stops at -21 and it said "OFF" 3 hours ago. Friends father passed after a long term cancer. Froze my butt off at my bosses New Years party and left early (-17). I will get chastized for that tomorrow.

Good thing: Spent alot of time with my son. Got alot done in the garage. Cleaned, sorted, and repaired. Got the popcorn crap off the ceiling in my daughters room and ready for texturing.

More sun every day.

I also bought myself a new ice fishing hut and auger!!!

Mike

glenn kangiser

Had some good here too.  Sun was out quit a bit after the storm.  Solar tracker is working.  I woke up each day rather than going off into eternal slumber.  [waiting]

Spent some time with Whitlock's familly and got some great meals there, while unfortunately, Sassy had to work, but then that was not all bad either-- she got double time for some of it and she got to spend time with her family while away - grandkids - sons - DIL etc. :)

I hope you feel better today, Stink.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Homegrown Tomatoes

LOL, Stink.  I felt the same way on Jan 2nd.  Got up that morning with kind of a "why bother" attitude, even though I had absolutely no reason to.  After all, we sold the house in WI on New Year's Eve, and made an offer on the place we want on the 1st.  But for whatever reason, I woke up the next morning thinking that they probably wouldn't even respond to our offer and it would probably be difficult if they did and I was just sure that they were going to be a pain in the butt about the negotiating, because everything else has gone that way so far.   :P  I'm over it now, though.  They countered back without coming down even $1K on their price, just as I figured they would, and hey, the world didn't fall apart.  Our realtor called their realtor back and told him to forget it, we'd make an offer on another place we liked instead.  So, we went out yesterday afternoon to look at a couple of places, and lo and behold, the other realtor called our realtor while we were out, and they were changing their offer by coming down about $5K and offering a little over half the cost to fix the road.  She told them we were busy looking at other houses (which was absolutely true) and that we'd call them back if we decided against the other place.  Of course, we still want that place, but they have only come down $5K an we've come up about $15K from our original, but that's for another thread.  Anyway, I think like you it was just sort of the post holiday blues.  Of course, on the 3rd, we had 70-degree temps and lots of sunshine, so took the kids bike riding at the lake and that did much to improve that negative winter attitude. 

StinkerBell

Thanks guys.

glenn...I am worried about you, first the "potato" now you want a "lump of coal" dude you have placement issues.... heh

(thanks for the flowers glenn, they are beautiful!)

glenn kangiser

I think the potato impressed you, Stink. ::)

I have heard of carrying around a pickle also. [waiting]

Sassy likes to look at the flowers to cheer her up. :)