Oh Crap!! We're Stuck With Gov Bill for Another Couple Years

Started by MountainDon, January 04, 2009, 06:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Bill Richardson Withdraws Nomination as Commerce Secretary       d*

:( :(  NM's loss is the countrys gain, or something like that...   ???

Richardson, who will remain governor of New Mexico, is facing a federal grand jury investigation into whether he exchanged government contracts for contributions to three Richardson political committees.

Richardson denies any wrongdoing but the investigation won't be finished before he has to go to a Senate confirmation hearing.

"Let me say unequivocally that I and my administration have acted properly in all matters and that this investigation will bear out that fact," Richardson said in a statement. "But I have concluded that the ongoing investigation also would have forced an untenable delay in the confirmation process."

Obama said he was accepting Richardson's request to withdraw with "deep regret."

story in full...
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

fishing_guy

Don't the bigwigs just hate it when their nominees are actually caught... >:(

Sorry you get him back, but the country just might be in a better place without him at the federal level.
A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work any day, but building something with your own hands beats anything.

muldoon

MountainDon

Quote from: muldoon on January 04, 2009, 08:32:53 PM
a rat refusing to enter a sinking ship? 
More like the rat doesn't want the dirty linen to be dragged through the federal approval process. I was so looking forward to see what changes, if any, the Lt-Gov would make when Gov Bill left office.   :(
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

NM_Shooter

Don,
Stay tuned to this story, as the crap is not done flying.  I betcha that when all is said and done, Bill and Manny may be cell mates. 

I guess you can say that Gov Bill's chickens are coming home to roost  ;D   Seems to be a lot of that going on in the dem party these days.

-f-
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

MountainDon

lonelytree

I met Bill in Alamogordo at a restaurant. I was amazed at the number of people around that did not have anything good to say. Most were loud enough that he was sure to hear. It was kind of weird to me. Disrespect for their sitting governor (or congressman at the time) right in his face. The food was AWESOME though!!

Mike

glenn kangiser

Maybe they knew enough that it was not disrespect, but rather courage that caused them to speak up.  Criminals do not deserve respect even if they are POTUS.  Respect must be earned.  It is not owed.

Remaining quiet because of what he or any other authority figure may be able to do to them however would not necessarily indicate cowardice, but rather intelligence. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.