two questions.

Started by Jared, January 18, 2007, 02:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddymem

Our surveyors only use total stations buy have the chains and rods.  I believe there are some circumstances when dealing with legal disputes that they have to use them but not 100% positive on that.  It was that way 8 years ago when I would go in the field with them.

glenn-k

Jonesy, you have feet also - and I don't even want to think about you having to count higher than 20. :-/

John_M

Ahhhhh......took me awhile Glenn........BLACKJACK!!

jonseyhay

Crikey mate, it's been a long time since I could see my toes. I could have been completely stonkered but, as fate would have it, some bright spark invented the metric system. So now I only need to go to ten. He must have been a little fat guy like me.:D

bartholomew

The Moon has just adopted metric as a standard...Martians are expected to follow soon...

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2007/08jan_metricmoon.htm

This map (from the above link) shows metric areas in grey and the holdouts in red...

MountainDon

I don't think the system we use should be referred to as English anymore. They gave it up. It's the American system, 'specially since we made the gallon our own and different size from the English. How'd that happen anyhow?

glenn-k

and my question, Bart.....

Do we have the authority to declare that the moon is to use the metric system.  What if this is in conflict with the laws of the non-carbon based life forms already in power on the moon?

Must we declare their insistence on using other than the metric system a terrorist act, kill them all and enforce our decision to use the metric system?  Will we then make the moon a state or simply occupy and build bases there?

Sorry -- I've been staying up too late. :-/  ;D

Good on ya, John_M ;D

Careful with that next number, Jonesy. :)

bartholomew

Yeah, the eleven-fingered ones will probably be pissed. But we'll just declare them to be aliens and deport them.

glenn-k

I think that may be a solution, but only until we have completed the  gulags and largest embassy on the moon. :-/

Is it true that Haliburton and KBR already have no bid contracts to build the internment camps on the moon? :-?