See my cargo trailer conversion plans!

Started by myrvplans, May 20, 2014, 08:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myrvplans

Hi everyone!

I read about Don & Karen's cargo trailer project here and so I thought I would share this....

My name is Darla and I'm going to be converting a cargo trailer into a custom travel trailer later this year to travel solo full time throughout the United States.  Yup, this will be my small home (on wheels)  I would love to share my conversion plans with you and hopefully get your feedback on them.  I would greatly appreciate any thoughts, comments or suggestions based on your RV experience.  (i.e. my floor plan design, equipment, decor, structural design, sustainability, etc.)  It's even okay to tell me I am crazy!  :–) 

I put my plans online at:  myrvplans dot blogspot dot com

Thank you so much for your time and for your input.  Hope to hear from you.  - Darla

UK4X4

I think that layout would work,

a few pointers , if its a dry toilet why have that space just for the toilet, it could be a large cupboard with the toilet underneath, slid forward only when required, ie you don't need the privacy when in use, but storage space your lacking in.

LCD screens, use an extending rotating mount so that you can see clearly from the couch, one big screen is better than one for most usage, modern monitors take hdmi input and will double for a tv.

generator, see the recent thread about generator safety....there are others too where some of us have had close shaves...generator needs to be far from the trailer down wind when in use.

Co2 detector....definitly a need.

Fridge chest freexers fridges hold in the cool better, see Engle -ARB- Truck fridges-and the holy grail National luna weekender.

They will all run off the truck alternator and solar with no issues, I have a 45ltr engel and run it as a freezer when travelling and turn off at night, everything is still frozen come morning even in hot ambient temperatures.

Other than that, all looks fine, being 200lbs I hate small showers too !