Dogwood after storm

Started by southernsis, April 04, 2007, 05:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernsis

We have a big thunder storm last evening, so took this picture of one of the dogwoods. The lighting was very strange. We have a freeze warning for tonight. Yesterday is was in the 80's, today low 50's.

hobbiest

Well, we just got a few inches of snow today.  New England, K falls, OR, its all the same.  If you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes!

Amanda_931

Are you dogwoods healthy?

I've got one or two with that horrid disease, but, amazingly most of the ones in the woods seem pretty good (usually it's the ones out in the open that escape).

The weather people are now saying that we'll have record lows for Easter--low twenties, high teens.  Some, but certainly not all of the plants I've already got in the ground may make it.  

The severe weather map showed either winter weather or fire warnings for most of the Eastern US.

southernsis

Amanda, all the dogwoods are healthy. I have large trees and every other size. Just had new ones pop up, along with redbuds. We have had freezing temps for the last couple of nights. I covered all my garden, but noticed 1 cucumber looks like it has had it. There probably will not be any fruit this year, because the bud were too far along.   What is happening to your dogwoods? It got all of 40 today, tonight 20's.
Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.

Jared Drake

Southernsis, it sounds like you're in arkansas with me. It was nice forever and now it's cold as crap. It was really cold today out in the wind.
Jared

Amanda_931

I guess I'll post the answer to that in the Garden thread in off-topic.

(but the dogwoods should be fine)