Lots of Inspector Information Here

Started by Willy, February 16, 2008, 05:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willy

Just found this site that Home Inspectors talk about problems they find. Might be a good one to look around on. I put it in my favorites allready. Mark

http://www.inspectorsjournal.com/forum/default.asp

Willy

Quote from: Willy on February 16, 2008, 05:27:37 PM
Just found this site that Home Inspectors talk about problems they find. Might be a good one to look around on. I put it in my favorites allready. Mark

http://www.inspectorsjournal.com/forum/default.asp
Well I should probley remove this post because 90% of the inspectors are on some kind of a EGO GOD ALLMIGHTY TRIP and they need to pull there heads out of there butts! At first I thought they were real inspectors but they are want abees, sorta like rent a cops. I will leave it because it does have some good information and also warns you about what real estate inspectors don't know or how they can change the outcome of a sale! Mark

MountainDon

... and some of the building techniques / faults illustrated are ... shall we say... interesting.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Willy

Quote from: MountainDon on February 22, 2008, 01:04:48 AM
... and some of the building techniques / faults illustrated are ... shall we say... interesting.
Ya that is what I thought was good about it. It showed things we don't want to do. I just got PEE.OED on the way they gleed when they found something wrong. Mark

MountainDon

I went through a bunch of the sections... loved a lot of the photos;;; joist ends notched to where 1/4 or less was actually bearing, etc. Some of the stuff is just so hard to believe.... 

You can learn a lot from seeing errors others make.... just don't use the pictures as a How To Do Things....
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.