Rodent Exclusion Manual, NPS

Started by MountainDon, May 23, 2007, 12:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Link to the national Park Service Rodent Exclusion Manual. Official Park Service training manual regarding rodents. Very good info, they're not trying to sell you something. Anyone with a coubtry cabin/home should read.

12/2011   the link that was here is dead
see below
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

HoustonDave

Awesome!  Thanks Don.

Ben the two of us need look no more... ;D
My lakefront cabin project in East Texas
http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=10025.0

erasky

Nice cabin so far!!  Heartwarming already. 

Mice:  We had/have terrible mice problems on our site and Airstream trailers are a beast to secure.  We've nailed and stapled strong metal grid wire everywhere and just when we think we've put them at bay we'll literally hear the nails and staples pulling from the grails.  They're monsters, I tell ya, pure monsters. 
   They don't come in for food and water, like everyone (including the PDF's above) seem to think.  Nope.  They come inside for all the paper and cloth goods they can get ahold of.  They tear into the Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, binder paper, magazines, ... they steal socks and gloves and ski hats .... they play with erasers and pencils and pens...  I've yet to have any "food" stolen.  They ignore the cheese and peanut butter on the traps.  We now lock up our paper goods in ice chests, gloves in rubbermaid tubs, ... and we still hear them in the walls playing pinball with acorns but they don't come inside as often at least.
    They come inside to steal material for their nests and to make their nests.  Period. 

Good luck in your securing attempts and pick up extra ice chests for the paper goods.  :)