How's This For Deep Snow Driving?

Started by MountainDon, December 15, 2013, 10:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

NM_Shooter

Finally.  A vehicle that will allow me to get out of my ranch in October.

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

Redoverfarm

Maybe this will work Frank without altering you vehicle.  I think it would work on a Ford as well. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151962437454737

NM_Shooter

That's pretty dang cool.  Looks at one point as though the snow is darn near waist deep. 
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

hpinson

All you need to do is buy Plasmacam, and the rest is easy.

I had a tilt-o-meter on a Toyota Tercel 4x4 once.  That was such an awesome little 4x4.

rick91351

Quote from: NM_Shooter on January 07, 2014, 09:41:24 AM
That's pretty dang cool.  Looks at one point as though the snow is darn near waist deep.

Looks like keep it wound up and moving.  If it ever got high centered better have a buddy with a towing company.  Or OMG dig it out.... jacks and boards and go some more....
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Windpower

as I look out and see almost 2 feet of snow plus drifts, this thing looks practical

any idea on cost ?
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

Redoverfarm

Quote from: Windpower on February 20, 2014, 07:58:13 PM
as I look out and see almost 2 feet of snow plus drifts, this thing looks practical

any idea on cost ?

Have no idea.  From the video it appears to be in developement and they are looking for dealers and someone to mass manufacture it.  Pretty cool though.

MountainDon

Run up to the cabin and recharge it off the solar. Go home after a few days.   [cool]
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.