JB's Strange Houses

Started by glenn-k, February 18, 2006, 04:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn-k

Yeah - but the guy and kid are impersonators.  Only the wife is real.

Friends were over and took photo's - I stole one --that is the kid before he got in the mud - they had fun.  

Now -- who's strange?  Moi? :-/

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

hnash53

I just couldn't resist commenting after seeing the pics of Antonio Gaudi's La Sagrada Familia.

The Alan Parsons Project put out an album 20 years ago called Gaudi.  The theme of the album is the "unfinished-ness" of the Sagrada Familia.  Some say that the time table for finishing the structure as envisioned by Gaudi runs for centuries.  Some say it will never be finished.

Reading between the lines of the lyrics, especially for the song entitled "La Sagrada Familia," it's really about the mystery of human life and existence, the starts and stops along the way in our personal growth and development, and the illusion of ever really "finishing" our lives, no matter how long we might live.

As we build our cabins and homes ourselves here, are they ever really finally finished?

Whoa, this is a building forum, not a philosophical discussion.  Although, whether we know it or not, we all have a personal philosophy about life.

Yada yada yada.

Hal

glenn kangiser

I live by the old Chinese proverb, Hal.

The man who finishes his house dies. 

I'll live forever..  [waiting]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

hnash53

Great quote, Glenn.  I'll have to keep that one in my conscious mind as I move forward on this.

Hal