13 Acres in Jones Co. Mississippi

Started by Barry Broome, May 11, 2013, 08:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Broome

I recently purchased 13 acres near my In-Laws in Jones Co. We got a great deal on the land from a family member. It's more land than I realized. Work keeps me on the road so when I'm home, I'm currently trying to clear the property lines so I can put up a fence. It's nearly 3/4 of a mile in fence row.

My plan is to put up a good fence then decide whether or not to put livestock on the property. Later we are going to build a house there. The property has a fresh water spring crossing it, small pond (which can be much bigger) and is covered in hard woods and a few large pines. It already has two established driveways to the heart of the property which is already cleared.

My first building project will be a camping shed/structure with a bedroom, shower, and mini-kitchen.

We financed the land with 20% down from https://www.southernagcredit.com/. They were great to work with. I'll have the property paid off in 5 years, if not sooner.

Camping cabin... this will be my base camp while working on the property.

"The press, like fire, is an excellent servant, but a terrible master."

archimedes

Looking forward to watching your build.

I read a really interesting book recently about Jones County  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/state-of-jones-sally-jenkins/1100290750?ean=9780739328583   I'd recommend it if you like that sort of thing.  Quite a piece of untold American history.

Give me a place to stand and a lever long enough,  and I will move the world.

Barry Broome

I'll be flying home Friday! So I look forward to spending time with the family and getting out to the property. I'll try and take a few pics and get them posted. I'm really excited about this place.

I've been in California the last couple weeks working on some utility stuff. I had to climb a few hills in Malibu Canyon. I really didn't expect to leave Mississippi... come to California... and get covered in Poison Oak. Worst case I've had in over a decade. Thank the Lord we have Zanfel now. It dries that stuff up quick.

I'm the little yellow speck on the side of the hill clinging to the rope. Poison Oak was everywhere!  ???

"The press, like fire, is an excellent servant, but a terrible master."

upndown

Poison Oak would be the least of my worries, I'd be more concerned about a change of shorts!! WOW that's quite a spot. Not in my lifetime HAHA.

Mike 870

Congratulations on your land purchase.  Looking forward to following your progress!