Progress finally

Started by Daddymem, April 28, 2005, 05:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amanda_931

I'd wondered what happened to them.

The octopus is amazing.

Sassy

They are certainly moving along quickly!  Every week they get an amazing amount of building done!  And it looks beautiful  :) - I miss reading their posts on CP.

jstig

What a wonderful house - it has that real traditional Cape Cod feel.  I really like the metal roof and also the wood interior.  I was just up in Cape Cod visiting with my son's in-laws in Truro - a beautiful area.  This was my first time on the Cape.  Did a lot of hiking and of course some swimming in the bay (even though the water was a little cold - I am used to the warmer waters here in Maryland.  Also went into Wellfleet and really like it - a nice little downtown area - a real country feel.  The Cape is a unique place and your house fits right in.  Great job!!

Jim

Mommymem

Hi guys,
Yes we've been very busy lately. I was still reading posts here and there but never posting. We've been working alot and getting alot done. Daddymem is on vacation this week so we're getting tons done. We started working on the exterior today. Check out the blog for pics :)

http://schluterhomestead.blogspot.com/

glenn-k

Glad to see you are well but busy.  

We haven't forgotten you and check on you every so often.  Great job. :)

benevolance

Going to be a comfy house...It looks great..Just about done...As if the work is ever really done ;)

Mommymem

A little update.. All the interior walls are done, plus some plumbing and electrical. Check out the blog for pics :)

glenn-k

Thanks for the update, Mommymem.  You guys  have really been getting after it. :)

Sassy

I was just looking at your blog yesterday & all the progress, so had to check it out again today - looks great!

Pala

Looks really great.  Must feel very satisfying.

Looks like PEX is even easier (if that's possible) with no joists.

Mommymem

glenn-k

Checked out your progress, Mommymem and Daddymem.  Great job.  You guys and friends never give up.  It's hard to believe you have gotten this far this fast. :)

Sassy

Looks beautiful! I was a little disappointed last weekend when you didn't post anything, then I remembered you guys were going camping - but you had plenty of progress to post since then - great job!  Do you have any idea when you can move in?  I am continually amazed at what so many on CountryPlans are accomplishing - especially the 1st time builders.   8-)

Mommymem

Thanks guys for the support. :)

Mommymem

We got our woodstove installed today. Can't wait to sit by the fire with Daddymem. :)

glenn-k

Lots of progress --- getting close. :)

Sassy

Mommymem - WOW  8-) You guys have done outstanding!  

Bouncer

Mommymem,
were did you get the flashing for the chimney to fit the grooves for the metal roof.
I couldn't find anything that looked liked it would work and not let water leak end.
Kevin

Mommymem

We didn't have to supply that. It came with the install by the guy we hired to do it. I can give him a call though if that would be of some help for you.

Bouncer

That would be great. Thanks
Kevin

glenn-k

I check your blog quite often, Daddymem and Mommymem.  Your progress is outstanding.  How do you feel about your attempt at building your own house now?  I remember when you were wondering if you could do it. :)

Mommymem

Can we be done now? We're soooo tired from working on it every weekend. I'm over there pretty much every day doing staining or something. But after being tired and grumpy from working so hard its nice to sit and look around and say hey we did this!

Amanda_931

Have you figured out what is finally going to signal to yourselves that you are done (bearing in mind that a house is never done)?

For instance, I think that Jonnie and Cecelia moved a pot of marmalade into the new kitchen, even posted a picture for us.

It might help with the grumpies, and besides it ought to be fun.

Sassy

You guys have really made some good progress!  I know the feeling, Mommymem - seems like you'll never finish. but how wonderful that you are just a few weeks from moving in!  The place looks great!  

jraabe

Great work and the end is in sight (or is at least postponable!)  ;)

After your well deserved R&R, all the work and tiredness will slide away and just be a story. You will have the product of that work to live in for a long time!

My 89 year old dad, who built his own house at 60 told me that sometimes he looks up at a beam or other complex part of his house and says, "I know I built that, but for the life of me I can't remember how! Seems impossible now."