Ancient Solar Energy

Started by flyingvan, November 22, 2012, 01:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyingvan

(reposted by request)
Annamarie's mood, and therefore the mood of our whole house, is largely dependent on how many excited air molecules collide with her. The more, the better. Unfortunately we live in a location where the molecules of air are spaced further apart, so to excite them into colliding with her requires fusing expensive hydrocarbons with oxygen. Combine with this my family's unwillingness to participate in keeping the excited molecules inside, and you're talking some serious bucks.
Fortunately, there are devices placed around our neighborhood that collect sunlight, pull large amounts of CO2 out of the atmosphere, and produce oxygen. They're pretty ingenious. Most of the carbon from the CO2 ends up in the ground where it will become a hydrocarbon so future environmentalists can make future consumers feel bad about exploiting it....Some of the carbon, however, is stored in solid form. It's free for the taking. It takes some effort, but if I spend a good day's work I can collect it and convert it to a useful size. I'll store it in bulk until I need it. We have some devices in our house that you can put it in to reduce it-----the stored sunlight is released in a wavelength that excites the air molecules and another wavelength that's a visual stimulus to further elevate mood.
Yesterday, before our date, I had just enough time to collect two truckloads of the stuff, make it the right size, and store it in a compact manner. Shielding it from precipitation keeps the moisture content low, facilitating the reduction process.
Find what you love and let it kill you.

John Raabe

Dr Spock and other aliens would find this to be a very clear explanation. I have a similar reduction device in my living environment. It has at times been used to excite the molecules of a festive bird that is consumed in a ritual celebration on this very day of the solar year.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

flyingvan

Yes.  We are utilizing the Maillard Reaction right now in the fire station ( although I admit we are exploiting C3H8 to do it).  The process is releasing some volatile organics that seems to have a pleasing effect on all within the confines here.  Trick is to only carmelize, not carbonize,   all the parent compounds.

MushCreek

Annamarie's tolerance for widely spaced molecules would rise exponentially if she were to assist in the process of converting that solar energy from its stationary vertical phase into the smaller, more portable horizontal phase. It's almost as if the sunlight were being released twice.
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

bayview

. . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

flyingvan

MC--True....However, her anatomy makes the conversion very inefficient and since the end goal is an elevation of her mood, not the opposite, suggesting such a thing would NOT be conducive to what I'd prefer utilizing her anatomy for