builder's cottage w/ shed roof?

Started by rita, January 12, 2006, 07:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn-k

Reply #2 page 1 of this topic shows 17' high wall on John's sketch. :)

OK - looks like John just posted that info.

Jared

I guess that shows who's a reader and who's a skimmer. I skim, but I've got a 4yo and 1yo excuse for not reading thoroughly.  ;D
Jared

peg_688

No harm no foul  :) Once you start to build it's all you babe, you skim , you rip out , skim more rip out more .   We can't help on that ;D

Good luck , PEG

glenn-k

Good point PEG.   John's plans are pretty clear but I've seen many that are not and some put critical details just in the notes.  The worst I've seen were computer drawn plans where the person drawing the plans used the same line weights throughout - 8 story building I put up - talk about a nightmare.  I finally put all the parts in a database to keep track of what was where on which page so I wouldn't have to re-locate it ten times.  Everything on the plan looked the same. :-/

hobbiest

I was on a framing crew once on a top dollar custom home.  The architect had drawn the only floorplan including all the finished floor and cabinet detail.  dimensions, and their lines were all hidden.  Whats worse, the ones that weren't hidden, were all located differently.  Some measured to the center of wall, some to close end, some to far end of wall framing!  "so how exactly did you end up with a 6" deep closet again?"  Didn't happen to us, but could very easily.