Great property, how to deal with snow..suggestions

Started by Thoughts-from-Jules, January 05, 2010, 12:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlJarhead

Do you already live in that area?  Or is this for a move to where the land is?

If you are looking for land and willing to move check the area around Tonasket and Republic WA.

Thoughts-from-Jules

Yes, we live in the same area as that land. We have decided to just keep saving up money and watching for areas we want to live in around here and be patient for the right piece of property to come along.  We have feelers out with lots of people about looking for land.  I can't wait to get back on here regularly and talk about plans and ideas for building.  This place has been such a huge inspiration. I have many projects bookmarked on here that I check on almost daily for updates!:)
Julie~        "The Future Comes One Day at a time."

eddiescabin

Jules, You'll have much better luck with another parcel.  The tribal problems alone can be horrid.  That mile of snow/ice covered (is it dirt also) road you so casually mention would be hectic.  Using a skid steer or a small tractor would not do the job in a reasonable amount of time.  A large tire loader or track loader/dozer will take a huge amount just to maintain. For actual travel on the snow (provided you have roadside storage) nothing beats a snowcat/ Thikol...with cable winches they can handle all conditions including the face at Kirkwood (steeper than steep ski run).  You are better off with county maintained road and paying someone to clear your driveway.