30 years ago; where were you 8/16/77

Started by MountainDon, August 15, 2007, 11:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

The King died 8/16/1977 (Elvis)
We didn't know about it until 4 days later.
We were deep in the Northern Canadian Rockies enjoying the being away from it all. Didn't turn the radio on, see a TV or newspaper, hardly another person, until hitting the highway on the way home. We'll never forget it. Still have the same wife (we weren't married then) but the car is long gone.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

I would have been building steel buildings about that time --Cuckler Division of Lear Sigler Corporation -- 2% of their holdings which they unceremoniously dumped in the mid 80's.  I was probably their number one dealer at that time doing at least a couple a week and pouring an average 40'x60' concrete slab or two every week  plus or minus.  

I had a big Peterbilt---- (the truck - not an anatomical modification) and hauled 2 or more buildings down per load.

Al C. started delivering buildings to me the previous year as a contract hauler for them, and when they put another truck on to haul my buildings and cut him off he suggested I buy a truck and cut them out.  I did.  We still deal daily to weekly bartering, trading, giving and supporting each other.  Al is number one in my network and local brain trust as compared to Countryplans -- my international brain trust. :)

I was quite the cocky smart alec know it all back then.  I have mellowed out and matured so much. :-? :o :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.