Amsol

Started by peternap, March 22, 2012, 05:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

A while ago Redover posted about going to Amsol.

I began using Mobile 1 shortly after that. Yesterday I picked up a couple of cases of Amsol after checking prices. Darned if it isn't about half the price of Mobile 1 and I think it's better oil.

I'll change it tomorrow and see if the gas mileage improves.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Redoverfarm

Quote from: peternap on March 22, 2012, 05:59:45 AM
A while ago Redover posted about going to Amsol.

I began using Mobile 1 shortly after that. Yesterday I picked up a couple of cases of Amsol after checking prices. Darned if it isn't about half the price of Mobile 1 and I think it's better oil.

I'll change it tomorrow and see if the gas mileage improves.

Peter what did you have to give @ qt.  When I started using it in 2002 it was about $6 qt.  Now it is close to $10.  Not to bad if your using 5-6 qts but at 15 qts for my truck it is quite pricey. The up side is that you only have to change the filter @ 12,500 and complete change at 25K.   You should also notice easier start-up's. 

peternap

It was $7.33 for the long life 10W40 John.

They have three  grades. This was the expensive one but I can go up to a year without changing it (I forgot the number of miles but we didn't drive that much).

There was a $20.00 a year membership fee but we have enough vehicles that I figured it was worth it. A motorcycle, two ATV's, two trucks, two SUV's and a Focus.

My Bronco is the wild card. It has over 200,000 on it and does use a little oil but Amsol claims using it doesn't cause more oil consumption.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Redoverfarm

Quote from: peternap on March 22, 2012, 07:52:47 AM
It was $7.33 for the long life 10W40 John.

They have three  grades. This was the expensive one but I can go up to a year without changing it (I forgot the number of miles but we didn't drive that much).

There was a $20.00 a year membership fee but we have enough vehicles that I figured it was worth it. A motorcycle, two ATV's, two trucks, two SUV's and a Focus.

My Bronco is the wild card. It has over 200,000 on it and does use a little oil but Amsol claims using it doesn't cause more oil consumption.

I use 15W40 in the truck.   They make a cleaner (pint/quart) to flush out the older oils prior to using their oil.  I also use their filters.  I believe it was about $15 for the deisel if my recollection is correct.