Foundation Plugin for SketchUp

Started by Medeek, July 04, 2016, 02:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medeek

Version 1.6.8 - 03.14.2021
- Standardized the naming convention of the plugin toolbars.
Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, P.E.
Designer, Programmer and Engineer

Medeek

Version 1.6.9 - 03.25.2021
- Fixed a bug with footing offsets when a (polyline) stemwall terminates non-orthogonally.

Medeek

Version 1.6.9b - 03.26.2021
- Fixed a bug with footing extensions (polyline stemwalls) for SketchUp Pro 2021.
- Enabled hidden edges for polyline stemwalls that terminate non-orthogonally.

Medeek

First look at a hole cut using the new SUBTRACT keyword system:

Now I just need to set this up for the other various foundation types (ie. stemwall, stemwall steps, strip footings etc...)

Medeek

Version 1.7.0 - 05.09.2021
- Added an option for subtractive geometry into the General tab of the Global Settings.
- Sub-groups within foundations and footings can be made persistent and "subtractive" by naming these groups to (subtract1, subtract2, subtract3, etc...)

Interestingly the code to make this happen was staring me in the face for months.  I essentially took the "roof connections" complex roof module, changed up the logic slightly, simplified it, and arrived at this new feature/ability. 

Notice that the subtractive groups cut through the rebar as well as the concrete.  Certain other elements such as anchor bolts (groups within groups) are not removed.  I may need to give this some additional consideration.

I guess we need to make this new feature available with the Truss plugin as well now.

Medeek

Version 1.7.0b - 05.09.2021
- Components within foundations can also be made persistent and "subtractive" by naming the component instance to (subtract1, subtract2, subtract3, etc...)

Medeek

Version 1.7.1 - 05.20.2021
- Fixed a bug with subbase and slab insulation options for slab-on-grade foundations.

Medeek

Version 1.7.2 - 06.03.2021
- Added four additional parameters to the "User Interface" section of the General tab of the global settings. This allows the customization (colors) of the HTML menus and buttons.

Medeek

Version 1.7.3 - 06.12.2021
- Added a "Regen" context menu item for the following foundation assemblies: Polyline Stemwall, Strip Footing, Interior Bearing.

Medeek

Version 1.7.5 - 08.04.2021
- Fixed a bug with the stemwall blockout tool.

Medeek

Medeek

Version 1.7.6 - 09.14.2021
- Added an ICF option for polyline stemwalls.
- Added an ICF layer in the Global Settings under the "Layers" tab.
- Fixed a critical bug with custom materials that was caused by the change in the location of the plugin's data sub-folder.

View model here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/0a683d20-7115-491b-afc6-3578f584c5ae/ICF-Stemwall-Foundation

Medeek

Version 1.7.7 - 09.18.2021
- Added an ICF option for stemwall steps.

Medeek

I've been thinking about adding in a Door and Window module to the polyline stemwalls.  However, I'm not very familiar with what is common practice as far window and door bucks go.

Any feedback or drawings/details would be greatly appreciated.

Medeek

Now that I'm on the subject of windows it may also be useful to add in some sort of window well feature:

Window Well Options:

Type: Steel
Shape: Rectangle, Arc, Trapezoid
Width:
Projection:
Depth:
Radius:
Vertical Offset:

Medeek

Version 1.7.8 - 11.11.2021
- Added interior footings for rectangular and polygon slabs.
- Enabled editing, moving and deleting of interior footings for all slab foundations.

Regular slabs now have the same functionality with interior footings as the slab-on-grade foundations.

Medeek

Version 1.7.9 - 12.24.2021
- Fixed a bug in the slab tool when layers/tags is disabled in the global settings.

I apologize that I did not notice this bug when I added interior footings to the slab module.  Typically I enable layers/tags so it managed to sneak past me.

Medeek

Version 1.8.0 - 02.13.2022
- Fixed a bug with the slab insulation thickness for the SOG draw tool (metric).
- Fixed a bug with the slab and SOG edit menus for slab reinforcement (metric).

Medeek

Version 1.8.1 - 03.02.2022
- Enabled window wells for polyline stemwall openings: Rectangle, Arc and Trapezoid.

The new updated menu for stemwall openings also shows two other advanced options however I have not yet activated those features yet.

Medeek

Version 1.8.2 - 03.03.2022
- Enabled window and door bucks for polyline stemwall openings.

Medeek

To be honest I've never actually had to deal with a basement door opening in any of my various projects (design or structural) so now I have a bunch of questions.

Notice that typical prehung door frame is not deep enough to span two 2x4's and a 1/2" air gap:

So how is this typically framed out and trimmed?  Are there special order door frames that are deeper that can better accommodate this situation?

*Note:  I have not shown the brickmould that would trim out the exterior of the door and cover the door buck.

Medeek

Something along these lines for an inswinging door (however I have shown the door frame and jamb extension as a single solid for simplicity).

Also note that I have shown the brickmould as 2.25" however 2" is a more common width so there would probably be a 1/4" gap between the brickmould and concrete (caulking).

Medeek

First look at doors installed within the foundation plugin:

Medeek

Still a few details to work out with the door and window opening module.

Medeek

As I am wrapping up the details on the new window and door module of the foundation plugin it occurred to me that it might also be useful to have a basement entrance option:

A whole bunch more parameters with this option (ie. number of steps, landing width and length etc...) but it would actually be quite easy to code.

I would probably have three directional options (Left, Right and Center).

The problem with this option would be much the same as every other option, I need to make it as flexible as possible for it to be useful but not overly complex (too many parameters).

I'm also looking for some plans for this type of entrance to better educate me on what is common practice.

Any thoughts in this regard?