Harbor Freight Compressor

Started by pioneergal, December 21, 2005, 06:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneergal

Sorry to bug everyone again but I found this compressor at ......harbor freight :-/

I appreciate the responses to the one at HD and the replies have me 2nd guessing myself.

We would like to make a one time purchase for a compressor for framing, stapler, brad, and etc..

Central Pneumatic

4 GALLON, 115 PSI PANCAKE COMPRESSOR

Low profile stability on rooftops. Excellent for contractors and roofers. Includes pressure switch on @ 80 PSI and pressure switch unloader @ 115 PSI.

* 1-3/4 HP rated motor
   * Air delivery: 5.2 SCFM @ 40 PSI; 4.2 SCFM @ 90 PSI
   * Oil lubrication

Motor:115V, 60 Hz, 3450 RPM; Weight: 51 lbs.

ITEM 38898-7VGA

ON SALE
$89.99

Robert_Flowers

First never put a air compressor on a roof you are asking for trouble. get a longer air hose. its bad enough to drop a gun off a roof thank about droping a compresser off!
Second i bought a compress from Harbor Freight returned it because i could not set the pressure and it would cut off at 80psi had to wait a week for another to come it and it did the same thing took it back got my money back went to home depot an got a porter cable pancake compressor never had any trouble with it build a house, shed, small workshop, an more things that i can thank of go with a name brand porter cable,senco make good ones  it will save you lots of headaches later.

Robert

JRR

I agree with Robert.  I've owned a number of air compressors.  Some pretty large ... belt drive, multi-cylinder, cast iron, stationary units.  Energy wasters for most needs.

When I think "air compressors" now ... its the small lightweight oilfree units.  Maybe they don't last as long ... I don't know, I've never worn one out.  The last one I had (for years) got stolen.  Hoping I get one under the tree this year.

Oilfree air is absolutely best for painting and for tire inflation.  Oil in compressed air has been found to contribute to tire blow-outs.

stricsm

I have the dual tank compressor from Harbor Freight.  I've had it for several years and use it infrequently to power a brad nailer.  It cost $99 and works fine.  If I needed a compressor for daily use, I would go for the Porter Cable or similar brand.  For sporadic use I think the Harbor Freight or other inexpensive brands work fine.  

Mark