Memorial Day weekday

Started by muldoon, May 30, 2011, 06:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muldoon

As we grill and smoke up our ribs and briskets and other delicious grilled delights coupled with the proverbial 6 pack or 12 pack of cold beer, I would like to honor the real reason for this three day weekend.

I want to give a huge thanks to those who have served and died in honor and a prayer for the service men and women with hopes that many of those who are currently serving abroad will be able to come home soon.

God bless you guys and gals. 

ScottA

I went to a typical Memorial day cookout/party yesterday but it was also a going away party for a young man I've known since he was born. He's heading off to Afghanistan for the second time in two years. I proud of this young man for what he's done and what he's doing and I continue to hope we as a nation are doing the right thing by sending him away once again. He told me some stories about what they did the last time he was there. From the stories he tells it's not all about fighting but alot of the time is spent helping the local people in some way. He also told me they do get shot at regularly, so it is a war despite the way the media seems to not talk about it much, a war we've yet to win.