Obama already being tested....

Started by NM_Shooter, November 05, 2008, 05:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM_Shooter

Well, looks like Biden was off by a month.

Check out this video, and listen to how the timing was delayed by Russia to wait until after the election!

http://www.yahoo.com/s/982963

"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

StinkerBell

I highly suspect if it was Hillary who won, this might not have happened. She has hairy ones. ;)

Yes, I am talking about her toes.....

ScottA

Leave it to the Russians to be spoil sports. You'd think we parked missles on thier border or something.

Oh wait we did.

Nevermind.

glenn kangiser

Imagine that --- those Russians wanting to protect their country..... Of all the nerve... ::)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

desdawg

Quote from: glenn kangiser on November 06, 2008, 01:54:30 AM
Imagine that --- those Russians wanting to protect their country..... Of all the nerve... ::)
Sounds more like Offence than Defence to me.
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

glenn kangiser

That's because you only listened to the US media. 

We have been pushing their buttons.  We had 2000 trainers in Georgia, and Israel had about 1000 merc's.  Russia was the official peacekeeper for S. Ossetia.  They were only doing what they agreed to do.

Israel was hoping to attack Iran from Georgia and S Osetia, as well as starting a war on another front to distract the Muslims to another front and divert them from Iraq where we were getting fairly seriously pounded on.  Trying to make things look better for the election also.  The Russians decided they would have no tolerance for attacks on their people, as well they should.  Not that they did not make it into a long drawn out affair.  They simply made it known firmly and immediately that they would not tolerate it. 

We are putting missiles in Poland - right on their doorstep with the capability of taking them out.  What would we do if they put them -- say -- in Mexico.  I think we would also take measures to protect ourselves.  We are the aggressors and instigators here.  If our foreign policies are not changed we can only expect things to get worse.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

desdawg

The George W. legacy goes on and on huh Glenn.
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

Bishopknight

I concur with Glenn,

This is how wars begin. Small incremental steps.  Especially putting Georgia in NATO. An attack on Georgia is an attack on the USA.

Anyone have any reasons behind the US provocations?

NM_Shooter

Please note that this thread was pointing out the significance of the timing of the recent challenge. 

It had nothing to do with whether Russia was justified or not.

-f- 

glenn kangiser

Yes, des.  I like to follow what is really happening.  Not what our national oil rag government approved and directed  media tellss us.  The only way to do that is to read worldwide news and ignore most of the local spin.

The dubya legacy will continue because our government is really run by figureheads who have enough power to color government action but the strings of the puppets are really pulled from above with a few different puppet masters squabbling a bit over who gets to pull the strings.  Big corporate influence - world bankers- elite - Israel - neocons all struggle to control policy to their advantage.  

The least amount of influence on the foreign policy is dictated by the people of the US and the good of the nation as indicated by the choices you were allowed in the vote.

Don't look for shenanigans to be over yet.

Obama being tested?   Something may be being tested but Obama?  Not likely a major factor.

The timing of the provocations was likely to keep public opinion from swaying toward McCain which was viewed as possible if there were major threats.  I don't really see that that was a real issue though.

The McCain camp had stated that another 9/11 or similar disaster would help their run for the presidency.  (Not an exact quote- going from memory).   This could have been perceived as a threat to steer favor toward them hence the delayed timing.

desdawg

I only have one more question. Do the Russians have similar media control? They used to. Can you really trust what you read from anywhere?

muldoon

I don't think this is the test being feared and dreaded.  I fear a global refusal to finance us debt is the real challenge being contemplated these days.  I believe the response will be for the USG to seize 401ks and the like and place everyone in "government retirement program" aka social security style plan.   

glenn kangiser

Quote from: desdawg on November 06, 2008, 12:42:19 PM
I only have one more question. Do the Russians have similar media control? They used to. Can you really trust what you read from anywhere?

I haven't studied up on what the Russian government approved media has to say.  One of their papers, Pravda Online claims to show the news from a Russian point of view.  It is not the same as the old paper of the same name.  Some of the same journalists.  I take it with a grain of salt but most of it seems pretty trustworthy.

Iraqwar.ru claims to not censor the news.  I believe that, because the people who post there are from all over the world and many are from the middle east - posted in decent English.  These guys get irate at a hint of censorship. They may also post and tear apart mainstream media stories and plainly state in nearly all cases if they consider it as just government propaganda nad why they thinks so. I follow the comments there as much as the stories and many there are very consistent and seemingly very well versed in world events over there.  This is where I get a lot of my info.  Since it is online and even I can post there, I have to say opinions are not censored.  Most topics there are discussed in depth with views from all over very much like CP.  I have not noticed any hint of censorship and the regular posters there are well studied  and educated with the exception of a few jerks.  They are always called out by the others so there is not much problem figuring out where the crap is.

Much of it is not pleasing to American ears but generally fair and true and is not a controlled commentary.  I trust what I gather from the stories and commentary there to be at least 95% correct - totally uncensored  and not necessarily what we want to hear. 

Anything from there I trust to be uncensored and they cut through the crap between themselves.  What I gather from them excluding what the trolls have to say I really trust to be pretty accurate and I have communicated directly with some of them.

That is where I found out several months before it was announced here, that Sarah Palin was going to run for VP with McSame.

I have a new intel source who I bounce things off of.  He was very deep into it and is familiar with what is crap and what is not.  Some of the info I related came from him or was verified and expanded on by him.   Details he added tells me he knows.  He has presented me with extensive credentials. 

Some of it..... If he told me he'd have to kill me.... I don't question his ability there either...

He was in covert ops with a disappeared relative of mine in South America, and the middle east until blown up by friendlies and still keeps up with current operations.  My distant cousin will not be going home.  I learned of his disappearance in 1989.  I learned what happened to him a few weeks ago.  Seems he went for an unintended swim.

NM_Shooter

glenn kangiser

I think the timing by Russia was to avoid swaying the vote toward McCain, Frank, who claimed and was selling himself as better able to handle a foreign threat than Obama.  What is your take on the significance?

The rest of the world already thought the fix was in for Obama and McCain was not the one being set up for the office of president.  He was a diversion for the ones who wanted a choice.

Pakistan apparently knew it was Obama November 1st and before- date of this protest picture

Not even a mention of McCain.

MountainDon

??? ???

Questions/thoughts that pop into my mind...

1. How is it you are certain the picture of the protest sign was taken before the US election?

2. Obama stated he would go after Pakistan if other tactics failed (or words to that effect), during one of the debates, long before the election.

3. Because of #2 we shouldn't be surprised to see a Pakistani protest bearing a sign like that.

4. Maybe there were anti McCain signs, or simply plain old anti-USA signs, or anti-Bush signs, but they were not used by whoever published the Obama sign.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

Further to this topic...

It seems this Russian thing was ill timed if it was to test Obama. Obama does not have any control until 20th January 2009. Maybe they should have waited rather than giving a pre warning   ??? ???
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

ScottA

How do we know that picture was taken in Pakistan. Looks like Dallas to me.

glenn kangiser

It was blogged November 2nd and it was stated that the protest was November first.  I saw it the day it was posted.

No question that 2, 3 and 4 could be possible but  4 wasn't presented in the blog post.

I agree with you, Don, that it may be more likely to stir Bush to some other action rather than Obama.

I think it was more of a notice that they will protect themselves if threatened than any kind of test, but I think it was held off to prevent a perceived benefit to McCain.

Scott... rofl

http://warnewstoday.blogspot.com/2008/11/news-of-day-for-sunday-november-2-2008.html

...a link so you of little faith can take it up directly with the blogger....  ;D

glenn kangiser

Another point -- Russia has been saying this for a long time --- seems they just made an issue of it in the news again at this time.

Months and months ago they offered us a place for the missiles so that working together they could be assured that their interests were protected, however this offer was turned down by us.

StinkerBell

glenn I love you in an unhealthy way, but at times you worry me. You take Russia way to much to heart. They are not so angelic.

glenn kangiser

and you can be assured, Stink, that I accept that love in only the unhealthiest manner... but it is still good for me...

Stink, my love, it is not that I take Russia so much to heart. They invaded the country my family came from and put many into servitude as well as forced them to join their army unwillingly.  One of the few free discussion forums that is open to opinions where there are members from all over the world is hosted there by their news people, and is one of the few free sources of good information from all over.

Be it Russia or any other country, even the US, my point is this.  If someone puts missiles capable of wiping out your country in the neighboring country allowing you no assurances you are safe, It is wise to protect yourselves and is a natural reaction.  If occupiers invade your house and threaten your family members, then it is likely you will have no love for them (not even the unhealthy love we share) and you may try to get even and protect you family and it is likely that your children will resent deaths of family members at the hands of an occupying force.

Far from their being angelic, I feel that they are shrewd and are making intelligent moves in the protection of their country.  Just our being the aggressor and instigator, does not make us right. 

We have to look at how they see our actions in order to understand why they have taken them.  We have to view it as we would look at it if it was done to us, in order to understand why they are doing what they are doing.  Not everyone will simply roll over and cower simply because we tell them to.

It is, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  Not do unto others before they do unto you.

StinkerBell

glenn my unhealthy love,

I am a world traveler. I have seen the same story reported in 3 different countries with an entirely different spin.
All though I general agree with your statement, nonetheless they are shrewd and need to be taken with caution.
My family (one side at least) came over from Odessa and Kiev back in the late teens early 20's and spoke  nothing but yiddish and wound up in Chicago before making their way to Los Angeles. I have a healthy Respect, fear and caution (same feeling as dealing with a bear, no pun) when dealing or relying on them. Matter of fact I have the same for our country too. MY point is this...I have an unhealthy love for you yet a healthy love for sassy.

glenn kangiser

This is getting very deep and confusing, Stink. 

In one hand I want to exercise caution when dealing with Russia, and yet in the other the other hand, I only want a spoonful of chocolate chip/mint ice cream. [crz]

I can understand how this is probably unhealthy for both of us, Stink, yet still, somehow very satisfying.

NM_Shooter